What will you see when you log in?
Guests work exclusively from the sidebar. It contains:
- Tasks shared with me: These are individual tasks that you have access to. You don't have access to the Lists that hold the tasks.
- Lists: These are where tasks live in ClickUp. Each task belongs to one List. Lists will appear in this section only if you don't have access to the Project that contains the List.
- Projects: These are folders of Lists. All Projects you have access to will appear here.
What won't you see?
You may notice that certain things are missing from ClickUp when using it as a Guest, such as:
- Box view
- New task button (only if you don't have permission to create tasks)
- Calendar Syncing
As a Guest, you can have three levels of permission when invited to a Project, List or task:
- Full edit access
If you've been given read-only access to an item, here's what you'll see when opening a task:
Comment-only guests can also submit comments in the lower right portion of a task:
Guests with full-edit access will be able to take all actions on a task that are available to normal users (commenting, changing status and more).
Email Task Creation
Once you have a ClickUp account, you can create tasks via email, or even submit comments to existing tasks via email. Check out this doc and video to learn more!
Note: Guests will need
edit and create permissions to create tasks via email.
Attach Files to Tasks
Need to share a document or image in a task with a teammate? Simply open a task and click
Add in the lower left corner of your screen:
If you are part of a paid Team, you'll also be able to create and attach files from Google Drive or Dropbox.
Note: Guests will require
comment or greater permissions to do this.
Important Restrictions for Guests
- Guests do not have access to Spaces
- Guests may not create Spaces, Projects, or Lists
Read more about ClickUp permissions here.
Our full FAQ doc for sharing and privacy features can also be found here!