Create an accountability system and start conquering your daily tasks! Here are some tips to get started.
The most important tasks right now
- Determine which tasks are due today (or earlier!) by setting a filter
- Click the
Today & Earlierto apply the filter
- Sort these tasks by start or due date to create a list of which tasks to start first
- Begin working on the oldest tasks in view first
Tip: Favorite this view to create a daily location to view tasks as they become due, overdue, or ready to start automatically.
Customizing with Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow you to create a unique task field to measure progress, budgets, and really anything else you can imagine.
Use the Dropdown option to set up the following fields for your daily tasks:
- Overseen by: If this task is being monitored or approved by a user on your Team, you can note that here.
- Idea: Indicate where you are in the brainstorming process, and if you've been approved to move on to the next step.
- Progress: Communicate whether you're on track to completion, or if you need some help.
- Reviewed: Demonstrate if you've looked over your work this week and are ready to close the task.
Build a Personal Structure
- Create a private Space for your tasks that you can work in unencumbered from the rest of your Team. You can invite users relevant to your tasks to this Space.
- Add a Project called "My Projects" where you'll manage your workflows.
- Use Lists to organize your tasks for this week and next week.
Keep Track of Personal Goals
For personal items, you can even create a separate Project called "Personal Goals" within your private Space. Then, add Lists for "This Week", "This Month", etc, to plan ahead!
Create a Dropdown custom field to measure how you're doing, and enable the "Created" sorting column as a reminder of when you made each task. This way, you'll always have visual reminders when pacing out personal goals.
For more tips, check out this page on personal task management!