Guests are people that you don’t want having full access to ClickUp.
You can give Guests access to Projects, Lists and Tasks in a limited way. Depending on your plan, you can add one to five Guests for free, for each member on your team.
- Guests do not have access to Spaces
- Guests may not create Spaces, Projects, or Lists
- Guests have orange squares on their avatar, so you can easily identify them
- You can set permissions for Guests (paid plan only)
- You can hide Time Estimates, Time Tracking, and Custom Fields from Guests (paid plan only)
- Read more about guest permissions here
What Guests see in ClickUp
Guests will have limited view of ClickUp. Things like Reporting, Box view, and Spaces are hidden from Guests. If Guests do not have
create and edit permissions, then they won't be able to create tasks (and those actions are hidden).
A guest with access to one task, one List, and one Project, would see a sidebar like this:
How to add guests to Projects, Lists, and Tasks
- Click the action menu
- Open the
- Type the email address of a guest you'd like to invite
- Set their permissions
How pricing works for Guests
- Guests can only be added with
create and editpermissions only. The Free Forever Plan you are not able to change permissions. Additionally, you can't hide Custom Fields, Time Tracking, and Time Estimates from Guests.
- 5 free guests
- 2 additional guests per member
- View, comment, edit, and create permission options
- Hide Time Tracking, Time Estimates, and Custom Fields from Guests
- The Business Plan was created for teams working with lots of external people
- 10 free guests
- 5 additional guests per member
What happens when I run out of Guest seats?
When you add new Guests, a new member seat will be added to your team. In addition to that seat, you'll also receive one (or five) free Guest seats.
On the Unlimited or Business Plans is it possible to have more guests than my seats allow?
Yes, for example: You may have 2 members and 8 guests on the Unlimited Plan, but you would be required to have 3 member seats in that case. 2/3 member seats would be filled and 8/9 guest seats would be filled. This means you could then add 1 member and 1 guest without charge.
Will guests be able to view tasks that are dependent (waiting on or blocking) the task I share with them?
They will see the task IDs of any dependent tasks unless they have been given explicit access to the tasks, in which case they will see the task details.
All differences in guests and members
Have more questions? Check out our privacy, sharing, and guests FAQ doc here!