ClickUp's Slack integration allows you to do so much more than just chat with your teammates. Learn how to customize Slack notifications, create ClickUp tasks from Slack and much more.
How to Enable the Slack Integration
Step 1: Authorize Slack
Note: Only Team admins have access to integrations.
- Go to the Integrations page in Team Settings
- Click the Slack button
- You’ll be redirected to Slack
- Grant ClickUp access
Step 2 (Optional): Get your Team to Authorize Slack
This allows you to unfurl ClickUp links in:
- Direct messages
- Private channels
Unfurl ClickUp Tasks in Slack
When task links are posted in Slack, they'll be instantly enriched with details. Users will also have the ability to perform actions on the task.
You can unfurl ClickUp tasks in Slack and then perform actions such as:
- Change Status, Assignees, Priorities, Tags, Due dates
- Create tasks in Slack using the command /clickup new
- Customize which task notifications to send to Slack
- Move Task
Learn how to enable unfurl in this doc!
Instantly send notifications about ClickUp tasks to the Slack channels of your choice.
You can receive these types of notifications:
- Task created
- Assignee changed
- Status changed
- New attachment
- New comment
Learn how to enable Slack notifications here!
Have you ever wanted to create a ClickUp task about a message in Slack? Or maybe add a Slack message as a comment to an existing task? Now you can:
- Turn Slack messages into ClickUp comments
- Turn Slack messages into ClickUp tasks
- Add Slack messages to your Notepad
Now you can do this (and more) with the ClickUp Bot!
How to take action
- Hover over a Slack message
- Click on the ellipses
...to reveal the
More message actionsmenu
- Choose an action ("create task", "attach comment", or even "save to Notepad")
For more details about Slack actions, check out this doc!
You can even create brand new tasks without leaving a Slack conversation. Just follow a few simple steps:
- In any channel, type
/clickup newto initiate the new task creator
- Select the Space and Project you want to contain the new task
- Slack will prompt you with a task details window where you will create the task
For more details about creating tasks in Slack, check out this doc.