Track time, create tasks from websites, and add screenshots (with mark up) to tasks as you surf the web!
Installing the Chrome Extension
- Open the Chrome Web Store
ADD TO CHROME
Add extension in the next popup
4. Log in to your ClickUp Account
5. Select the team(s) that should have access
The ClickUp Chrome Extension requires the ability to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" because the extension must be able to access the web page to take screenshots and to attach URLs to tasks.
There is no other data sent to ClickUp, except for error reports coming from the extension, and emails that you choose to attach to tasks.
You can enable and disable features such as Time Tracking and Email. Just click the top left avatar menu, then
Settings and you'll get these options:
Create Tasks and Save Websites
Open the extension, and you'll see the
Create New Task window
Creating a new task
- Write a title for your task
- Add assignees
- Write a description for your task
Create New Task
Save a website as a task
Add Website as Taskat the bottom of the window
- This automatically does two things:
- Sets the page title as the task title
- Adds the URL of the page into the task description
- Then you'll also be given the option to attach a screenshot of the website to the task by clicking
Set a Default List
- Save a default destination for tasks making this the fastest way to add new tasks!
Native Time Tracking
Simply locate a task in the extension and select it to begin tracking time.
From the Time Spent window, you are able to view time logged on recent tasks and even remove time that was accidentally logged.
Back in the ClickUp task, the time has been logged, and we can even start the extension's timer from within the task.
Capture, Mark Up, and Attach Screenshots
Capture your entire browser tab or select a certain area to add to a task or download to your computer.
Attach the file to an existing task or create a new one
The extension grants you extremely detailed mark up functionality:
- draw what you want on top of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
Arrow, line, circle, square
- quickly add shapes to highlight areas of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
- add notes right onto a screenshot
- set a color, size, and substrate (background)
- select an area of the screen you would like to remain hidden.
- drop increasing numbered markers on your screenshot
- dragging and dropping allows you to create a box with the number
- perfect for sharing steps with a team member
- select things you've already added to the screenshot and make adjustments
- Undo / Redo
Attach Emails to Tasks
Capture an email
- Click the
Add to ClickUpbutton in your email to generate a full HTML record of the email.
Attach emails to tasks and create tasks from emails
- ClickUp will attach the email to a task or create a brand new one with the email attachment included so you can quickly view, jump back, or download the email!
For more info, check out our doc on attaching emails to ClickUp!
- Attach screenshots into comments from the Chrome extension
Switching and Adding Teams
To see your Teams, click on the avatars at the top left corner. Switching to a Team is easy. Just click on it!
To add a new team to the extension, click on the plus "+" icon next to Teams. You will be shown all of your teams and can choose which ones you'd like to use.
Pro Tip: Custom Hotkeys
You can also change the hotkeys for taking screenshots!
- Open your Chrome extensions.
- Select "Keyboard Shortcuts" from the menu.
- Click on the action.
- Press the hotkey you want to use.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!