The Getting Things Done or "GTD" workflow was created to help follow through on every item you encounter so that nothing falls through the cracks.
ClickUp’s Hierarchy allows you to fully utilize the GTD method by organizing items (any sort of job or idea that comes to mind) so that they can be refined and acted upon, keeping you productive both at work and in your personal life.
Here are our best practices for setting up GTD in ClickUp:
Set up your Hierarchy
ClickUp has two great GTD Project templates that you can deposit directly into your Team! This is the perfect way to structure your GTD workflow within the organizational Hierarchy.
- Check out this doc to learn how to download our pre-made GTD templates
- Both GTD templates are under the "General" category.
You can check out our general GTD template:
Or our GTD option specifically for personal use:
Our Notepad feature also works really well for capturing Items in addition to using individual tasks.
- Add comments or use the description box to give context to any ideas
- Also add Subtasks if there are lots of items within a Task.
- To use the Notepad, just click icon at the bottom right of your screen in ClickUp and you’re all set.
The Notepad is the perfect place to reflect on your list and to leave any notes or reminders for yourself about next steps.
A few ClickApps that perfectly complement the GTD method:
For any item which is time dependent eg: a monthly meeting
Used to further organize items (as tasks) even across projects eg: any household item can be tagged as such even if the type of item is different
Makes choosing which items to work on much easier
Helpful for deciding how and when to work on an item
With ClickUp's Favorites feature, you can now create your own custom sidebar to include sorting, filtering, and even your favorite view. This feature ensures that you can develop a dependable workflow to get things done efficiently.
Here's an example of how to set up a Favorites view for your tasks due in the next seven days:
- While viewing the "Me" dashboard, click the filter button and select
Next 7 daysto view your tasks due for this week.
- Click on the "Due Date" column to sort your tasks by Due Date.
- Click on the "+" sign in the left hand column next to "Favorites" to save this view!
You can come back to this view in your Favorites at any time, without having to sort or filter again.
Make sure to also check out this fantastic blog post on how GTD and ClickUp can maximize your productivity.
Now get things done!