How do Notifications work? Are they global for all teams?
Notifications are specific to each Team. Your notifications in ClickUp are separated by Teams, which means settings for notifications are also specific to each Team. You can have different settings for different Teams. To learn more about Notifications, view this article.
Options for Notification Settings
New tasks: this setting specifies what happens when new tasks are created.
- Don't notify me of new tasks (do nothing when new tasks are created)
- Notify me when new tasks are added (receive a 'task created' notification when new tasks are created)
- Notify and watch new tasks (receive a 'task created' notification and automatically become a watcher of newly created tasks)
Email settings: this enables (or disables) email notifications.
Github settings: You can disable Github event notifications to avoid receiving notifications each time commits are pushed.
Future: We're already working on adding TONS of new notification settings, some of these include:
- Push notification settings
- Customize which types of notifications to receive
- Ability to only receive 'important' notifications
- Customize notifications for integrations and ClickApps (features)
How to change your Notification settings
- Go to Notifications by clicking the bell symbol in the upper right hand corner of your page
- Click the Settings 'gear' icon to the left of the "Notifications" title
- Click on User settings in the drop-down at the top right of your screen
- Select "Notifications" from the left side bar
More details about how Notifications work can be read about here.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!