Plan time, manage resources, visualize dependencies, and so much more with ClickUp's Gantt charts.
How to access the Gantt chart
Using the Gantt chart
Draw lines between tasks to automatically set and visualize dependencies.
When "Reschedule Dependencies" is enabled, dragging a task with dependencies will automatically reschedule all subsequent tasks in the chain.
Quickly determine how much is required to complete a Project or List. Progress percentage is calculated by tasks completed divided by the total tasks in the group.
Planned vs Actual Dates for Lists
Things don't always go as planned. Managing time-dependent Projects requires some flexibility. With planned vs actual dates, you can see how far off your original time estimates were and adjust for next time!
Set planned dates via List Details and the Gantt chart will automatically adjust your actual dates.
In ClickUp, a group of tasks is referred to either as a Space, a Project, or a List. Move an entire Space, Project, or List on the chart to remap all contained tasks' start and due dates.
Setting up your chart
Type: Each item is colored by what it is. Tasks are blue, Lists are green, Projects are dark grey, and Spaces are lighter grey.
Status: Tasks are colored by the status they're currently in. Spaces, Projects, and Lists are colored by type.
List: Tasks and Lists are colored by the Lists set color. Spaces and Projects are still differing shades of grey.
- Hide weekends and avoid scheduling on them in your chart
- When enabled, dragging a task with dependencies will automatically reschedule all subsequent tasks in the chain.
- When disabled, tasks are rescheduled independently even if blocking other tasks in the dependency chain.
- Choose how detailed each task item is on the chart.
- Show or hide: assignees, priorities, time estimates, or statuses
ctrl(Windows) to select multiple tasks at a time
Organize your tasks with a quick sorting! Enable and disable columns from the
... menu to sort how you want.
How to Calculate the Critical Path
- Open Gantt View
- Select the group(s) of tasks you'd like to calculate the path for
- Click the arrow button to calculate the Critical Path for tasks in view
Read more about critical path here!
- Hourly scheduling
- PDF exports
- Resource management
- Timeline View with customized y-axis where you'll be able to group by people, tag, List, and much more!
Missing anything? Let us know what else you'd like to see on our feedback board here!