ClickUp users can take one of four roles within their Team: Member, Admin, Owner, or Guest.
Guests are people that you don’t want having full access to ClickUp. The major differences are:
- Do not have access to Spaces
- Cannot create Spaces, Projects, or Lists
- Cannot see everyone on the team
- Cannot edit permissions
- Cannot view reporting or Box View
- Can be given the ability to edit tags
- Can use custom fields if granted permissions
- Read more about guests in paid plans
Members are people that you generally trust and don’t mind them being able to create things.
- Create Spaces, Projects, Lists, and tasks
- Get access to all public Spaces
- Can see everyone on the Team
- Can share things with Guests and other Members (but can’t add new Members)
- Can make Spaces, Projects, Lists, and Tasks private, but only if they were the owner
Admins are people that can be trusted to manage your team. In addition to everything users can do, admins can also:
- Adding new Members (and managing permissions)
- Importing, Exporting, and managing Integrations
- Manage billing, user roles, imports, integrations, and other team settings
Owner (person that created team)
Owners are ultimately in charge of teams. In addition to everything admins can do, owners can also:
- Delete Teams
- Transfer ownership
- Manage items they don't have access to- Team owners know items exist and have the ability to delete them
User roles details
PDF version available here.
How to Make Changes to User Roles as an Admin or Owner
- Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your screen
- Click Users
- Click the ... beside a team member
- Select the user's role
Have more questions about user Roles? Check out our FAQ here.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!