OPTIONAL - Remap all subtask due dates based on changes to the parent task's dates
There are tons of places you can add due dates!
How to set a Due Date for a List
- Select the List you'd like to set a due date for. Make sure you're viewing it in either List or Board view.
- Click on the ‘i’ to the left of the desired List name.
- Select Set date to set a due date for your entire List!
When setting a start date or due date, you can either select a specific date on the calendar, or type in your desired date just as you would speak.
Type in "tomorrow at 2 pm", or "next week", and a due date will be set for that time automatically!
Editing and Deleting a Due Date
Just as in setting a due date, you can also edit a due date anywhere it appears. Just click on the due date and you'll get a drop-down to select a new due date.
To delete a due date, hover your mouse over a due date and an X icon will appear. Click on the icon and you will delete the due date.
Sorting and Filtering by Due Date
Just click on the filter button or select the Due Date sorting option from the columns shown above your list of tasks!
Due Date Colors
The color of the due date is a great way to tell if a task was closed on time or if it is overdue. Just take a quick glance at the date. Here's a breakdown of what each color means:
No color: Due in the future
Green: Task was closed on-time
Orange: Due today
Pro Tip with Calendar View
Drag and drop tasks on the calendar to add or adjust due dates.
Other Notable Date Features
- Start Dates: Provide accurate time estimates for tasks, and let your teammates know when a task should be acted upon.
- Time & Date Reformatting: Personalize your ClickUp account to show your preferred time and date settings.
- Remap Due Dates in Templates: Preserve the relative position of due dates in your tasks without having to manually update them.
- Remap Subtask Due Dates in Templates: If you're creating a template from a task that contains subtasks, you have the option to remap due dates for these subtasks along with those of the parent task.
- Drag and Drop Due Dates: In Calendar View, you may schedule and set dates by moving tasks around the calendar.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here.