How many times have you made the same changes one by one, over and over again?
Never again - we've eliminated the tedious nature of project management at every level of the platform.
Take advantage of the Multitask Toolbar to easily select multiple tasks and make as many changes as you want. Instantly.
Selecting and adjusting tasks
Selecting single tasks
Or select an entire column of tasks
- Open a status column's ellipses menu
- Click Select all to reveal the Multitask Toolbar with the column selected
- Look to the top of your screen to see the action menu
Hold command (Mac) or control (Windows), then click and drag to highlight multiple tasks!
- Set Watchers: Watchers are those who can see notifications and stay aware of everything happening within a task, even if they are not an assignee.
- Set Assignees: Quickly change or add people to be in charge of a task. Need to move multiple tasks to a new member? Check the tasks and take care of it with one click!
- Set Status: This allows you to push multiple tasks through your workflow. When looking at your progress in List View at the end of the day, check what needs to be moved and quickly push it forward.
- Set Tags: Apply one or more Tags in bulk. This is the fastest way to add more structure to your task organization.
- Convert to Subtasks: Too many times we see tasks that are associated with each other and cluttering up our view. Convert these tasks into subtasks and keep your view organized!
- Move Tasks: Move your Tasks to a new List, Folder, or Space
- Duplicate Tasks: Copy multiple tasks at once and customize exactly what content you copy over
- Set Start & Due Dates: Quickly apply a start date and/or due date to a group of tasks. Just click on the date icon in the toolbar, and you'll get a drop-down to select the date of your choice.
- Set Priority: Find a group of important items and adjust priorities at the same time! Let the Multi-Task Toolbar do the work.
- Remove Tasks: Nothing is more frustrating than trying to clean out your tasks and having to delete them one.. by one.. by one. Check off all those tasks that are unneeded and quickly have them removed from your list.
- Add Dependencies: Select multiple tasks to "block" or "wait on" others
- Merge Tasks: Condense similar tasks into one to declutter your Workspace! Select which tasks you'd like to combine, and then choose the task they should all merge into.
- Task Linking: Create a link between related tasks by linking them all together or to one main task
- Set Custom Fields: Quickly assign or remove custom fields on multiple tasks at the same time. If viewing on a Folder or Space level, the custom field must be available on each List.
- Archive Tasks: Close tasks and clear them from view instantly. You can find them any time by going to your search bar!
- Copy selected items directly to your clipboard
- Access /Slash Commands to perform quick updates on selected items
Can I use the Multitask Toolbar for Subtasks?
Absolutely! You can select subtasks just as you would tasks in List, Board and Calendar Views. Just make sure that you’ve opted to show subtasks here:
You can also use the Multitask Toolbar for subtasks within task view.
When making bulk edits, notifications will be sent to anyone watching the task unless turned off. Simply uncheck the Send notifications box to avoid sending tons of notifications! Once unchecked, ClickUp will remember your preference.
- Set due dates for tasks in bulk while viewing Everything!
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!