This doc covers how to connect any email service that supports IMAP to ClickUp so you can send and receive email communications from within a task thread. Click here to learn more about our Email in ClickUp feature.
How to Connect Your IMAP Email to ClickUp
- Within your task, click the down carrot next to comment and select
- Next to From, select
Link an email
In the following example, we go through how to set this up with Yahoo as an example, but you will be able to do this with any email service that supports IMAP. Please review the Help documents for your Email Service Provider
Sign in with IMAP and enter your email, password, IMAP host, IMAP port, SMTP host, and whether or not SSO is required
- IMAP Host: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP Port: 993
- SMTP Host: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
This information and further instructions can also be found here.
How to generate an App password:
- Login to your Yahoo account
- Click your avatar in the top right corner of your screen and select
Generate app password
Other App from the dropdown and create a custom name
7. Copy and paste the password into ClickUp
9. Your account is now linked!
Details on this process can also be found here.
- Choose who can send emails from this account, create signatures, and build email templates
Doneto start sending emails from ClickUp!