Turning on Sprint Automations
- Click on the
...next to the Folder name in the Hierarchy
- Open Sprint Settings
- Click the checkbox to automatically create new Sprints to reveal the additional Automations
- Check the boxes for the Automations you want
Types of Sprint Automations
Business+ users can enable a few Automations to reduce the amount of admin required to manage Sprints. Sprint Automations are only available to Sprints located within a Folder.
- Automatically Mark Sprints as Done: The platform will mark Sprints as Done based on the Sprint's end date. Similar to tasks, we use 4am PT time as the end date to account for most time zones. When this is turned on, we highly recommend you turn on the Automation to move your unfinished tasks to the next Sprint.
- Automatically Create New Sprints: Enter in the number of Sprints you'd like to have available after the current Sprint, and the system will maintain that buffer for you to plan ahead. Every time a Sprint is completed, another will be created. It will take into account any future Sprints you have already created as well.
- Automatically Copy Views: Your views can be copied from Sprint to Sprint so that you don't need to recreate them. Note that this simply copies the view type, columns, and filters from the previous Sprint in the same Folder. If no Sprints were previously created, no views will automatically be created.
- Automatically Move Unfinished (Spillover) Tasks to the Next Sprint: The platform will automatically move any unfinished tasks to the next Sprint so the task no longer appears in the current Sprint. This happens after the current Sprint is marked done and before the next Sprint starts.
- Automatically Add Unfinished (Spillover) Tasks to the Next Sprint: The platform will automatically add any unfinished tasks to the next Sprint so that the tasks remain in the current Sprint and are also added to the next Sprint before it starts. This option requires that you have the Tasks in Multiple Lists ClickApp turned on; this behavior happens for tasks that reside in multiple Lists.