Conditions (in Automations) are what must be true in order for an Automation to run.
In the Automation schema, the Conditions part is highlighted below:
When this happens, and this is true (Condition), then do this.
Conditions have to be set before the Trigger for an Action to happen.
- Assignee: Filter for specific users, all, or none
- Status: Choose tasks in a certain stage of your workflow
- Due date: Select a specific date or a before/after date
- Start date: Check for tasks with specified start dates. Select a specific date or a before/after date.
- Priority: Sift out tasks that don't have a certain priority
- Tag: Set your Condition to match any or all selected tags. You can also filter for all tasks that do not contain tags.
- Custom Fields: Filter for a completely unique task field like a value, budget, or really anything!
- Time Estimates: Filter out tasks that do/don’t contain estimates. You can also specify a greater than/less than/equal to value for the Condition.
- Watcher: Filter for specific users, all, or none