With ClickUp Automations, you're able to set up combinations of Triggers and Actions to help automate repetitive actions - saving time and allowing you to focus on things that matter.
- Choose from hundreds of prebuilt templates
- Create your own custom Automations
- Use multiple Actions chained together [Business]
- Specify Conditions for when Automations should run
Here are some ideas for your own Automations!
- Automatically assign people to tasks
- Post a comment when a status or assignee changes
- When a priority changes, add a tag to the task
- When a due date arrives, change the status
- or create your own! 🚀
At it's core, it looks like this... When this happens (trigger) and this is true (condition) then do this (action).
- Trigger: This must happen in order to start an Automation
- Condition: This must be true in order to continue the Automation
- Action: This is what happens after an Automation is started
How to Create an Automation
- Open a List (or click the ellipsis button next to a Space or Folder in the sidebar)
- Locate the Automation icon next to the title
- Choose a prebuilt Automation OR create a custom Automation
- Modify your
- If on the Business Plan, add
- Choose your
- Add multiple Actions on the Business Plan
- Create your Automation!
If you want assignees or watchers to automatically be assigned to new tasks, use the Quick Automation panel on any List, Folder, or Space:
ClickUp's native Automations also support workflows with external applications. Currently, we have options for:
How to Manage Your Automations
Keep track of all the Automations you have for a given location in the
Manage tab of your Automation panel.
- View how many Automations are active in that location
- Toggle on/off any Automations
- Edit any existing Automation
- Delete Automations you no longer want
Note: Preserve your Automations when duplicating or using a template in your Workspace!
The amount of Automations you have available depends on your plan. After gathering more data and ensuring stability, we may increase limits and/or base limits per seat rather than per Workspace.
- Free Forever: 10 actions/month
- Unlimited: 1,000 actions/month
- Business: 10,000 actions/month
- Enterprise: 100,000 actions/month
Usage limits reset on the first of every month! Learn more about our various plans here.
How to purchase more Automation uses
Note: You must be on a paid plan to purchase more Automation uses.
- Click on your profile avatar and choose "Billing"
- Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you!
Usage alert emails
Usage alert emails will be automatically sent to owners and admins of Workspaces:
- Approaching limit (90%)
- Exceeding limit (over 100%)
What happens when an Automation fails?
If for any reason, an Automation fails - we'll automatically pause the Automation and email the person that created it. They'll be given a link to fix the Automation.