With ClickUp Automations, you're able to set up combinations of Triggers and Actions to help automate repetitive actions - saving time and allowing you to focus on things that matter.
- Choose from hundreds of prebuilt templates
- Create your own custom Automations
- Use multiple Actions chained together [Business]
- Specify Conditions for when Automations should run
Here are some ideas for your own Automations!
- Automatically assign people to tasks
- Post a comment when a status or assignee changes
- When a priority changes, add a tag to the task
- When a due date arrives, change the status
- or create your own! 🚀
Note: This feature is in Beta and is currently available on the List level.
At it's core, it looks like this... When this happens (trigger) and this is true (condition) then do this (action).
- Trigger: This must happen in order to start an Automation
- Condition: This must be true in order to continue the Automation
- Action: This is what happens after an Automation is started
How to Create an Automation
- Open a List
- Locate the Automation icon next to the List title
- Choose a prebuilt Automation OR create a custom Automation
- Modify your
- If on the Business Plan, add
- Choose your
- Add multiple Actions on the Business Plan
- Create your Automation!
If you want assignees or watchers to automatically be assigned to new tasks, use the Quick Automation panel in any List!
ClickUp's native Automations also support workflows with external applications. Currently, we have options for:
How to Manage Your Automations
Keep track of all the Automations you have for a given List in the
Manage tab of your Automation panel.
- View how many Automations are active in the List
- Toggle on/off any Automations
- Edit any existing Automation
- Delete Automations you no longer want
The amount of Automations you have available depends on your plan. After gathering more data and ensuring stability, we may increase limits and/or base limits per seat rather than per Workspace.
- Free Forever: 10 actions/month
- Unlimited: 1,000 actions/month
- Business: 10,000 actions/month
- Enterprise: 100,000 actions/month
Important: These limits are currently per Workspace while this feature in Beta. Thanks for your patience while we ensure our infrastructure scales efficiently.
Usage limits reset on the first of every month! Learn more about our various plans here. Soon, you'll be able to increase your limits by purchasing more actions.
How to purchase more Automation uses
Note: You must be on a paid plan to purchase more Automation uses.
- Click on your profile avatar and choose "Billing"
- Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you!
Usage alert emails
Usage alert emails will be automatically sent to owners and admins of Workspaces:
- Approaching limit (90%)
- Exceeding limit (over 100%)
What happens when an Automation fails?
If, for any reason, an Automation fails - we'll automatically pause the Automation and email the person that created it. They'll be given a link to fix the Automation.