It's a good idea to clear your cache, cookies, and history when your browser isn't performing as expected.
Before You Begin
Clearing your web browser's cache, cookies, and history may remove data such as the following:
- Saved passwords
- Address bar predictions
- Shopping cart contents, etc.
Note: You may wish to record some of your saved information first. If you are unable to do so, see Troubleshooting Alternatives below.
If you need to clear your cache, cookies, and history for troubleshooting purposes, but aren't yet prepared to lose the content listed above, you may wish to consider using a private browsing window in your preferred browser as a temporary solution:
Quick tip before getting started: For desktop browsers, quickly open the menu used to clear your cache, cookies, and history, by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or Command-Shift-Delete (Mac)
- In the browser's URL bar, enter:
- At the top of the "Clear browsing data" window, click
- Select from the following:
Cookies and other site data
Cached images and files
- From the "Time range" drop-down menu, choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select
CLEAR DATAand either close the browser and reopen, or refresh the page in each of your open browser tabs
- From the
Clear Recent History
- From the
Time range to clear:drop-down menu, select the desired range. To clear your entire cache, select
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear. To clear your entire cache, select all items
- Close all open browser windows and reopen
Settings and more ...>
Privacy and services
Clear browsing data, select
Choose what to clear
- Choose a time range from the
Time rangedrop-down menu
Note: The above instructions are for the newer version of Microsoft edge. Get help for the legacy version of Microsoft Edge
Safari 8 and later
- From the Safari menu, select
Clear History and Website Data...
- Select the desired time range, and then click
- Go to
Safari > Quit Safarior press
Command-Qto exit the browser completely
- If the instructions don't exactly match what you see, you may need to update your web browser to the latest version
- If you don't see instructions for your specific version or browser, search your browser's Help menu for "clear cache". If you're unsure what browser version you're using, from the Help menu or your browser's menu, select About [browser name]
If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!