Streamline your intake process with Form view! Build beautiful forms to collect information and create tasks in ClickUp!
Free Forever: Start a free trial to test out forms!
Unlimited Plan: Unlimited forms
Business Plan: Branding & customization
How to add a Form View
- Open your desired Space, Folder, or List
- Add a new view with the
Note: Creating a Form view on a List will use that List as the destination. Creating a form on a Folder or Space will prompt you to select a List.
Building a Form
- Give your form a name and description
- Drag any field in the left panel into your form
- Rename any field by clicking on its title
- This will only affect the public view and will not change the actual custom field's name
- Teams on the Business Plan are able to customize the text shown when a user completes the form
Supported Field Types
- Task Name
- Task Description
- Start Date
- Due Date
- Long text
These options are exclusive to the Business Plan. To learn about our different plans, click here.
Hidden Fields: Do you already know your respondent’s name, email or other information? With Hidden fields, you can feed this right into your form so respondents can skip filling out this information.
Simply mark any email, text, URL, and number fields as hidden and they will be captured through your unique URL or embed code.
Add Form Label/Response to Task Description: In addition to displaying a label and response as a custom field, you can add the information into the task description! This adds more visibility and is useful for search as well as handling a high volume of forms when you need to merge similar requests together.
Configuring a Form
The configurations panel can be toggled on and off using the cogwheel in the top right corner.
Configuration options include:
- List to save tasks: Select which List you want your responses to go to
- Task template: Choose a default template to use with each form submission. With this, any fields that are filled out using the form will be inherited from the template that you choose.
- Assignee: Choose the default Assignees for each form submission
- Redirect URL: Option to redirect a user to a URL instead of showing the response message
- Avatar: Upload an image to include at the top of your form
- Theme: Customize to match your brand!
- Primary color: Choose what color you want buttons to be
- ClickUp branding: Use ClickUp branding on public forms
- Add all answers to description of task: Include all responses in a task description
- Keep fields full width: Maintain full-width drop-downs when publishing
Toggle between editing and viewing your Form with the preview switch at the top of your Form editor. You can even submit to the Form from the preview modal for quick testing!
Sharing, Embedding, & Exporting Forms
Easily share your forms with anyone by copying the direct link and sharing it with them.
You may also build the form into a page via the HTML code through the
EMBED CODE section.
Separate the tasks generated by a Form from other tasks you're working on with the Form view export button. In one click you can download just the Form results as a CSV file!
Have suggestions? Let us know on our feedback board.