Threaded comments work by starting a completely new conversation right underneath a parent comment in your tasks, allowing for more focused discussions.
Soon, threaded comments will be available everywhere in ClickUp, like in Chat views and Dashboards, as well as on the mobile app!
How to add a threaded comment [ClickApp]
- Locate a comment in a task's activity
- Hover below the comment you wish to reply to
- Add your comment!
How it works
- You'll only be notified about activity on threads you are part of. This means when you get mentioned or assigned a comment on a thread, you're now part of that thread.
- Unread threads will appear in the threaded comments icon in the task.
- If you don't want to use threaded comments, simply turn off the ClickApp!
How to quote a comment
Highlight text to address specific parts of a comment! This is especially useful if someone asks you multiple questions in a comment or there's lots of activity in your task.
- Open a task
- Highlight the text you want to reply to
- Add your comment
How it works
- The text you are replying to will be included as a quote in your comment
- The person you are replying to will be tagged
Have suggestions? Let us know on our feedback board.