Set repeating schedules for your work to keep anything from falling through the cracks with recurring tasks!
How to create a Recurring Task
- Open a task (or create a new one with
- Click on the calendar icon
- Create a schedule
Using Recurring Tasks
- Choose a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, or custom schedule
- Preview on the calendar to be sure it's set correctly (you'll see days that become colored to show you the preview of what your schedule looks like)
- Save and click
Doneto set the recurrence in action
- Note: When setting the time span for your recurring tasks, the recurrence period will apply to the due date, and the start date will be calculated from the due date.
- Daily - The task will recur every day with the option to skip weekends
- Weekly - Recurs once a week on the day you choose
- Monthly - Option to recur on the same day each month that you've chosen, a select weekday of the month (such as the first Friday), the 1st of the month, or the last calendar date in the month (such as September 30th, followed by October 31st).
- Yearly - Recurs once a year on the day you choose
- Periodically- Recurs a certain number of days after the task has been marked complete
- Custom - Indicate if the task should repeat every few days, on select days in the week, select weeks in the month, or select days of the year
Choosing when tasks should recur
- Recur when Closed - The task will not recur until the task is all the way done
- Recur when Done - When the task moves to a done status, it will recur
- Forever - The recurrence will continue indefinitely
- Repeat - Set how many times this task will recur
- End on - Set a final date for the recurrences to happen
Pro tip: Type your recurring settings quickly, like 'every day'
You can set up recurring tasks even faster with natural language. Just type in your desired repeat schedule in the due date section of your recurrence menu:
- Every Monday at 9 am
- On Thursdays
- Until September 23rd
- For 3 weeks
Pro tip: View recurring tasks in your Calendar view!
Start Dates and Recurring
If you have Start Dates set with recurring tasks, your Start Dates will be automatically moved to ensure they are the same distance from the Due Dates.
- Your task starts on Monday and is due on Wednesday (2 days in between)
- Recurrence is set to every day
- On the next recurrence, your due date is moved up one day, to Thursday.
- Your start date would also be moved up one day, to ensure it's still 2 days before your Due Date, so the Start Date would be Tuesday now.
Legacy Recurring (v1 recurring)
If you need to set up a more customized recurrence schedule, our legacy recurring options are available.
Let us know if you have any suggestions on our feedback board here!