Views are the secret sauce in ClickUp! Each view provides a unique perspective on your work: visualize tasks on a list, boards, or a calendar, see their interconnectedness on a Gantt chart, or take a look at how work is distributed among team members in Box view. These are called task views, and each one gives you amazing task management power!
How Views Work
Task views provide completely different styles of visualizing your tasks. For each view there are different ways of grouping, sorting, and filtering, putting you in complete control of how you see and interact with your tasks!
Views are available to customize on each List, Folder, and Space. And, you can see all your tasks with views on the Everything level!
To increase efficiency, you can create multiple views of the same type, and pin important views that you visit often. Unpinned views will be stacked with other views of the same type.
Pro-tip: Name each view to reflect its purpose or intended use. Example: 'Due' For a list view sorted by due date. Or 'Urgent' for a Board view that is filtered to show only urgent priority flags.
Choose which Task views will be most useful for a Space, and provide quick, consistent access for all users!
Pro-tip: you can use hotkeys to jump between any Required Views in a Space!
l for List View
b for Board View
x for Box View
c for Calendar View
At any time, you can add a new custom view by clicking +View!
Saving changes made to a Task view
If you make changes to a view, you can choose to save the changes from time to time, or turn on autosave view to continuously save and maintain view changes as you go.
Task view options
Click on the ellipses
... next to a Task View to see its options menu:
- Rename - use the icon at the top to add a descriptive name to a view
- Default for everyone (Business plan) - make a default Task or Page view for anyone visiting a Space, Folder or List
- Pin view allows you to keep that view visible for easy clicking
- Use Me mode for everyone - anytime someone comes to this view, they'll only see the tasks that are assigned to them
- Reset view to defaults - clears all filters and view specifications
- Templates - save a Task View so you can reuse it in the future
- Personal view (Business plan) - great when you have a view that you find super helpful for personal use.
- Protect view (Business plan) - Protecting a view locks everything in place to prevent accidental changes. You can even leave a note explaining to others why you protected the view.
- Add to favorites