Note: These features are coming soon once we release ClickUp 2.0! For information on release timeframes and other FAQs about 2.0, please click here.
Profiles are so freaking cool! We invented Profiles to give you unprecedented insight into:
- What people are working on
- What people should work on next
- What people did recently
- What tasks people have that aren't scheduled (in their backlog)
A major goal with Profiles (and the associated Inbox) is to solve the biggest problem in management...
PEOPLE FORGETTING THINGS!
Profiles give you a window into every person's responsibilities so you can add reminders, make adjustments, or see what they're working on next.
When you delegate reminders or tasks, you'll be able to track them and make sure they actually get done.
Opening a Person's Profile
When you click on a person's name from anywhere in ClickUp, their Profile will expand from the right side of your screen.
Note: Everyone has a Profile— that means you can even see what your guests are up to!
How to Use Profiles
Each profiles gives you some incredibly cool features!
View a person's description
- Editable by the person who's profile you're viewing or a Workplace admin
- A perfect place to add a role, location, or something clever :)
- Creating a reminder for someone will add it to their Inbox when it's due (by default it's due 'Today')
- Note that you can only see Reminders on people's profiles that you personally delegated. You aren't able to see reminders people create for themselves, or reminders that other people delegate to them.
Inbox: This is your work central. It's comprised of 3 areas: Inbox, Next, and Done.
- Inbox: Where people should generally work from as far as their priority is concerned. Inbox contains both tasks and reminders that start or are due today and earlier. It's also the perfect place to manage tasks in and outside of work by adding reminders.
- Next: Tasks and reminders that start or are due in the future
- Done: Tasks and reminders that have been completed (tasks in a 'done' status count as completed as well).
Recent: Tasks that the person has recently worked on
- Created: tasks recently created
- Time Tracked: tasks where time was recently tracked
- Updated: tasks recently updated
- Tasks that have not yet been scheduled, but are assigned to the person
- These is your place, as a manager, to see what's in someone's backlog and move tasks accordingly into their Inbox (by scheduling a task)