What does the starts-on date in the summary mean?
- This is when you want the recurrence schedule to start. This is different than a task's start date. The starts-on date lets you decide if you want to wait a little bit before that recurrence schedule actually kicks in.
Can I adjust start dates when a task recurs?
- Soon! Right now, recurring tasks do not affect the start date of a task.
What is the difference between set due date to current occurrence and set to next occurrence?
- The current occurrence option will set the due date of the upcoming task recurrence to the currently scheduled recurrence date. That means if you close the task now and the recurrence is every Wednesday, when the task opens up the due date will be set to this Wednesday.
- The next occurrence option will set the due date of the upcoming task recurrence to the date of the recurrence schedule that happens after your current cycle. That means if you close the task now and the recurrence is every Wednesday, when the task opens up the due date will be set to Wednesday following your most recent occurrence.
What happens if I manually change the Due Date for a recurring task on a schedule?
- Nothing will change with recurring. Manually changing the due date of the task has no effect on any of the recurring settings, it will still follow the same original schedule you have set.
Can I see future occurrences on my calendar?
- At this time we don't show future recurrences in our calendar because recurring tasks are typically based on an action or schedule that can not always be guaranteed.
- For example, if you're using the "create new task" feature in recurring, then that would be creating an infinite amount of tasks for the recurrences in the future, which we anticipate most people would not want.
- We would be able to add this for recurring tasks that are based on a schedule, independent of any action. To prioritize this feature, please comment or vote here!
Daily Recurring Task
Have a use case you'd like to see a walkthrough for? Make a request via Live Chat or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!