Single sign on (SSO) via Microsoft lets you sign up and/or log in with your Microsoft Office 365 / Azure account to save you time and provide peace of mind.
Logging in with SSO
To login with Microsoft SSO, you will first need to have your Microsoft account linked to your ClickUp account.
- If SSO is required, all of your existing Workspace members will need to login with SSO and their accounts will be linked.
- New users can sign up using the SSO link. This will create their ClickUp account already linked to their SSO account.
- Existing people can also manually link their ClickUp & SSO account in their Preferences.
- As an owner or admin on an Enterprise Workspace, visit your Workspace settings page and tick Microsoft as the SSO provider
- Login with your company's Microsoft account
- Your Microsoft organization is now linked to your ClickUp Workspace
Customizing Security Settings
Workspace admins will be able to control if Microsoft auth is required.
If Microsoft auth is enforced, current Workspace members will be prompted to link their Microsoft account to ClickUp. If they're already logged into a Workspace requiring SSO, they'll be prompted three times to set it up before it being forced to do so. At any time, you can check which people in your Workspace have linked their Microsoft account.
When logging in, people will be forced to sign in with their Microsoft account in order to access your Workspace.
Signing up with SSO
- To sign up with Microsoft, first go to this link. This link is also available in the admin area to send out to your organization
- Click the Sign up with Microsoft button
- Log in with your company Microsoft account
- If your admin has automatic invitations enabled, you will be automatically added to your ClickUp Workspace
How to check who in your Workspace is using SSO
Admins can easily see who all on their Workspace has linked their Microsoft account to ClickUp.
- Open your Workspace settings
- Go to People
- People with a Microsoft icon have setup SSO
Removing Microsoft from your account
To manage your linked accounts, go to your profile settings, and scroll to the bottom. You will then see a list of the SSO accounts you have associated with your ClickUp account. From here, you can unlink your account to remove it.
If you have any questions regarding Microsoft SSO or how ClickUp can boost your Workspace’s productivity, reach out to us anytime here!