Unable to determine source of statuses
Statuses can come from Spaces, Folders, or Lists.
If you haven't applied these statuses for the Space/s you're viewing, this means they're Folder or List level statuses.
How do I find these statuses?
- Click on your profile avatar in the lower left corner of your screen
- Select Spaces
- Identify which Folders within your Space/s contain separate statuses
- Select a Folder from this menu to make changes.
From there, just click on the ellipses
... next to a status to delete it. Alternatively, you can just choose to use the Space's statuses for this Folder or List:
Can I rearrange statuses?
You can rearrange statuses at the Space or Folder levels in a few simple steps!
- Click on your profile avatar in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Find the Space that you'd like to change. Folders with different statuses from their parent Spaces will also be listed as shown below.
- Click on the Space or Folder statuses that you want to reorder.
Once your Folder or Space settings pop up, just click and drag from the handle next to a status and drag it to a new position.
Don't forget to click
Save before you close the window!
Other ways to edit statuses
You can also edit statuses for a Space, Folder, or List from your sidebar!
- Click on the ellipses ... next to the item in your left sidebar
- For Spaces, navigate to "Space settings"
- For Folders and Lists, proceed to the "statuses" menu
In Board View:
- Click on the ellipses
...at the top of a column
edit statusesto edit for the Space, Folder or List you're viewing
How can I create secondary statuses for my tasks?
If you need to create a second "status" for a task, try using a dropdown custom field!
This will allow you to create a unique task column to manage other stages of your workflow.
You can also try creating subtasks to indicate secondary statuses within a task.