Plan time, manage resources, visualize dependencies, and so much more with ClickUp's Gantt View.
How to access the Gantt chart
Just click on the plus sign in the upper left portion of your screen to add a Gantt View:
Showing Items on the Gantt Chart
The Gantt view's sidebar is expandable to see your hierarchy, including Spaces, Folders, and Lists. Each of these can be expanded further with the
+ icon to explore their contents.
When you open a List, all scheduled tasks and subtasks will be shown in its container and on the chart.
If a task or subtask is not displayed, it's likely unscheduled. In this scenario, you'll see an item for "Show unscheduled tasks" that will expand and allow you to schedule these tasks via click and drag.
Draw lines between tasks to automatically set and visualize dependencies.
When "Reschedule Dependencies" is enabled, dragging a task with dependencies will automatically reschedule all subsequent tasks in the chain.
Quickly determine how much is required to complete a Folder or List. Progress percentage is calculated by tasks completed divided by the total tasks in the group.
Planned vs Actual Dates for Lists
Things don't always go as planned. Managing time-dependent Folders requires some flexibility. With planned vs actual dates, you can see how far off your original time estimates were and adjust for next time!
Set planned dates via List Info and the Gantt chart will automatically adjust your actual dates.
In ClickUp, a group of tasks is referred to either as a Space, a Folder, or a List. Move an entire Space, Folder, or List on the chart to remap all contained tasks' start and due dates.
Setting up your chart
Type: Each item is colored by what it is. Tasks are blue, Lists are green, Folders are dark grey, and Spaces are lighter grey.
Status: Tasks are colored by the status they're currently in. Spaces, Folders, and Lists are colored by type.
List: Tasks and Lists are colored by the Lists set color. Spaces and Folders are still differing shades of grey.
Priority: Tasks are colored based on priority flags. Either Red (Urgent), Yellow (High), Blue (Normal), Grey (Low) , or White (none)
- Hide weekends and avoid scheduling on them in your chart
- When enabled, dragging a task with dependencies will automatically reschedule all subsequent tasks in the chain.
- When disabled, tasks are rescheduled independently even if blocking other tasks in the dependency chain.
- Choose how detailed each task item is on the chart.
- Show or hide: assignees, priorities, time estimates, or statuses
ctrl(Windows) to select multiple tasks at a time
- Reveal the parent task name for a subtask by hovering over the subtask in the left sidebar or on the chart
- Open up a task in a new tab from Gantt View with Command or Control+ Enter. First, make sure to indicate your desired task by clicking the arrow next to it in your sidebar:
Organize your tasks with a quick sorting! Enable and disable columns from the
... menu to sort how you want.
Other Sorting Options
Want to save space? Click on the sorting menu shown below to sort your tasks while hiding columns in the left sidebar!
How to Calculate the Critical Path
- Open a Gantt View
- Select the group(s) of tasks you'd like to calculate the path for
- Click the cog button to calculate the Critical Path for tasks in view
Read more about critical path here!
- Hourly scheduling
- PDF exports
- Resource management
- Timeline View with customized y-axis where you'll be able to group by people, tag, List, and much more!
Missing anything? Let us know what else you'd like to see on our feedback board here!