What will you see when you log in?
Guests work exclusively from the sidebar. It contains:
- Tasks shared with me: These are individual tasks that you have access to. You don't have access to the Lists that hold the tasks.
- You will be given List, Board, and Calendar required views to see all of these tasks
- Lists: These are where tasks live in ClickUp. Each task belongs to one List. Lists will appear in this section only if you don't have access to the Folder that contains the List.
- You can see your tasks through any of the views your Workspace has created.
- Folders: All Folders you have access to will appear here.
What won't you see?
You may notice that certain things are missing from ClickUp when using it as a guest, such as:
- New task button (only if you don't have permission to create tasks
- Multitask Toolbar
As a guest, you can have three levels of permission when invited to a Folder, List or task:
- Full edit access
If you've been given read-only access to an item, here's what you'll see when opening a task:
Comment-only guests can also submit comments in the lower right portion of a task:
Guests with full-edit access will be able to take all actions on a task that are available to normal users (commenting, changing status and more).
You can create tasks via email using any email address or if you have a ClickUp account, you can even submit comments to existing tasks via email. Check out this doc and video to learn more!
Note: Anyone with the appropriate List email can create tasks via email!
Attach Files to Tasks
Need to share a document or image in a task with a teammate? Simply open a task and click
Add in the lower left corner of your screen:
If you are part of a paid Workspace, you'll also be able to create and attach files from Google Drive or Dropbox.
Note: Guests will require
comment or greater permissions to do this.
Important Restrictions for Guests
- Guests do not have access to Spaces
- Guests may not create Spaces, Folders, or Lists
Read more about ClickUp permissions here.
Our full FAQ doc for sharing and privacy features can also be found here!