Guests are people that you don’t want having full access to ClickUp.
You can give Guests access to Folders, Lists and Tasks in a limited way. Depending on your plan, you can add one to five Guests for free, for each member on your Workplace.
- Guests do not have access to Spaces
- Guests may not create or delete Spaces, Folders, or Lists
- Guests have orange squares on their avatar, so you can easily identify them
- You can set permissions for Guests (paid plan only)
- You can hide Time Estimates, Time Tracking, and Custom Fields from Guests (paid plan only)
- Guests do not have access to, Reporting, Goals and Portfolios. However, you can share a Goal with a Guest.
What Guests see in ClickUp
Guests will have limited view of ClickUp. Things like Reporting, Box view, and Spaces are hidden from Guests. If Guests do not have
create and edit permissions, then they won't be able to create tasks (and those actions are hidden).
A guest with access to one task, one List, and one Folder, would see a sidebar like this:
How to add guests to Folders, Lists, and Tasks
- Click the action menu ...
- Open the Sharing menu
- Type the email address of a guest you'd like to invite
- Set their permissions
How to remove Guests from your Workplace
- Click on your profile avatar and navigate to the "Users" settings page
- Proceed to the "Guests" tab to view your Guests
- Click on the ellipses ... next to the Guest you'd like to remove
- Click "Remove"
Note: Only admins or Workplace owners can remove Guests
How pricing works for Guests
- Guests can only be added with create and edit permissions only. The Free Forever Plan you are not able to change permissions. Additionally, you can't hide Custom Fields, Time Tracking, and Time Estimates from Guests.
- 5 free guests
- 2 additional guests per member
- View, comment, edit, and create permission options
- Hide Time Tracking, Time Estimates, and Custom Fields from Guests
- The Business Plan was created for Workplaces working with lots of external people
- 10 free guests
- 5 additional guests per member
- Same amount of guests as Business Plan
- Don't allow adding Guests
- Only allow admins to add Guests
- Allow members and admins to add Guests
What happens when I run out of Guest seats?
When you add new Guests, a new member seat will be added to your Workplace. In addition to that seat, you'll also receive one (or five) free Guest seats.
On the Unlimited or Business Plans is it possible to have more guests than my seats allow?
Yes, for example: You may have 2 members and 8 guests on the Unlimited Plan, but you would be required to have 3 member seats in that case. 2/3 member seats would be filled and 8/9 guest seats would be filled. This means you could then add 1 member and 1 guest without charge.
Will guests be able to view tasks that are dependent (waiting on or blocking) the task I share with them?
They will see the task IDs of any dependent tasks unless they have been given explicit access to the tasks, in which case they will see the task details.
How to convert members to guests
- Open your Workplace settings
- Click on the Users page
- Open the ... menu beside a user
- Click Convert to guest
- Confirm the change
All differences in guests and members
Have more questions? Check out our privacy, sharing, and guests FAQ doc here!