This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
Let's put you in complete control of who sees what, what permissions they have, and who gets added to your Workplace.
- By default, Folders, Lists, and tasks will be “public” - meaning they're shared with anyone that has access to where they live.
- All "public" items inherit privacy from their parent.
- Spaces can't be shared with guests
PDF version available here.
How to make a Folder, List, or Task private
- Open the Action Menu ...
- Click the share icon
Make private- Optional: Share with members in your Workplace or invite guests! Information on what distinguishes a member from a guest can be found here.
How to invite members or guests to your private item
- Type the name of a member or the email address of a guest in the sharing modal
- Set the member or guest's permissions to your item
How to make a Folder, List, or Task public
- Open the action menu ... on a Folder, List, or task
How to view who has access
- Open the Action Menu ... on a public or private item
- Click the share button to open this window
Frequently asked questions
- Members in your Workplace can make anything they have access to private (or public).
- Admins can hide things such as Time Estimates, Time Tracked, or Custom Fields so Guests can't see them.
- Members with Can create and edit (full access) to your Folder will be able to edit Folder settings such as Custom Fields or Custom Statuses.
- Guests in Free Forever Workplaces will only be granted
Create and editpermissions.
- Looking for Space level privacy? Read more here.
- For more details, check out our FAQ doc here.