This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
The most important tasks right now
- Determine which tasks are due today (or earlier!) by setting a filter
- Select + to add a filter
Today & Earlierto apply the filter
- Sort these tasks by start or due date to create a list of which tasks to start first
- Begin working on the oldest tasks in view first
Tip: Favorite this view to create a daily location to view tasks as they become due, overdue, or ready to start automatically.
Customizing with Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow you to create a unique task field to measure progress, budgets, and really anything else you can imagine.
Use the Dropdown option to set up the following fields for your daily tasks:
- Overseen by: If this task is being monitored or approved by someone in your Workspace, you can note that here.
- Idea: Indicate where you are in the brainstorming process, and if you've been approved to move on to the next step.
- Progress: Communicate whether you're on track to completion, or if you need some help.
- Reviewed: Demonstrate if you've looked over your work this week and are ready to close the task.
Build a Personal Structure
- Create a private Space for your tasks that you can work in unencumbered from the rest of your Workspace. You can invite people relevant to your tasks to this Space.
- Add a Folder called "My Projects" where you'll manage your workflows.
- Use Lists to organize your tasks for this week and next week.
Keep Track of Personal Goals
For personal items, you can even create a separate Folder called "Personal Goals" within your private Space. Then, add Lists for "This Week", "This Month", etc, to plan ahead!
Create a Dropdown custom field to measure how you're doing, and enable the "Created" sorting column as a reminder of when you made each task. This way, you'll always have visual reminders when pacing out personal goals.
You can also utilize our Goals Feature to create specific objectives and track your progress on achieving those goals. See real live examples here.
For more tips, check out this page on personal task management!