This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
With ClickUp's client-friendly features, you'll be one step closer to managing your entire business in one project management platform. Check out the tips below to start setting up a CRM directly in your Workplace!
Setting up the Hierarchy
Create a separate Space called "CRM" to hold all of your client-related tasks. You can make this Space private if needed, and create another Space for your other project management action items.
Use Folders and Lists to organize your clients. This could be as simple as creating a Folder called "Client Information", with Lists for each month of the year. You can add to these Lists as you onboard new clients each month.
Add tasks titled with your clients' names, and place relevant details in the tasks' descriptions.
If you don't want to create a whole new Space to manage your CRM, you can just create one CRM Folder within your regular project management Space!
Use your Lists as "mini projects" entitled "Leads", "Clients", etc.
Title your tasks with the names of clients and prospective leads, particularly if you intend to use Custom Fields.
Keep in mind that you can make this Folder (or its Lists) private if you only want to share it with select members of your Workplace.
Using Custom Fields for CRM
With this feature, you can create unique task fields to manage client phone numbers, emails, notes, prospect items, or really anything else you can imagine.
Popular fields for CRM include:
Dropdown for Leads (hot, warm, cold)use Dropdown field
Size of companyuse Number field
Phone numberuse Phone field
Nameuse Text field
Budgetuse Currency field
LTV (Lifetime value)use Number field
Other CRM Features and Integrations
- Tags: Categorize your clients by tagging them as "paid", "hot", "reach out", etc. You can also filter your tasks by tags to visualize these indicators.
- Statuses: Create a tailored status workflow to manage your CRM. Here's an example of the statuses many of our users work with:
- Zapier Integration with Google Forms: Attach forms submitted by clients directly to your tasks and Lists!
- Templates: Save the structures of your favorite action items, such as tasks and checklists, and reuse them in a couple of clicks. This is the perfect way to quickly on-board new clients.
- Native ClickUp forms are being designed right now, and will be available on our Business plan soon!