With ClickUp's client-friendly features, you'll be one step closer to managing your entire business in one project management platform. Check out the tips below to start setting up a CRM directly in your Workspace!
Setting up the Hierarchy:
- Start by creating a Space to house your CRM. Alternatively, if you already have a Space set up for your Sales or Customer Service team, you can place your CRM in the existing Space.
- Add in our Folder template called "CRM" into the Space of your choice. You can customize this template however you like, but it will give you some good ideas on best practices to get started!
Additionally, if you are looking for a simple and beginner-friendly way to build your CRM, you can always start by adding our CRM List template! Which allows you to keep track of your contacts with ease!
Creating High-Level Views:
One of the best things about ClickUp is that we never restrict how you are able to view your tasks! Once you have added all of your incredibly valuable data to your CRM, switch between different views for an alternate perspective of your tasks!
- Table View: A fantastic way to look at all of the pertinent information about your accounts, in clean vertical columns! It is lightning fast, visually simple, and makes navigating between fields, bulk editing, and exporting data incredibly simple! (Total spread-sheet vibes!)
- Board View: An awesome option to see a high-level pipeline of the clients within your CRM Folder. Tasks are grouped vertically by status, showing early phase prospects on the left, and closed-won accounts on the right!
- Calendar View: This view allows you to keep track of client meetings, ensuring that you are always prepared for connecting with your prospects! You can even show custom fields on your tasks, without even having to open the task card! This is your go-to place for all things scheduling!
Using Custom Fields for CRM:
With this feature, you can create unique task fields to manage client phone numbers, emails, notes, prospect items, or really anything else you can imagine.
Popular fields for CRM include:
Dropdown for Leads (hot, warm, cold)use Dropdown field
Size of companyuse Number field
Phone numberuse Phone field
Nameuse Text field
Budgetuse Currency field
LTV (Lifetime value)use Number field
Company / Prospect Locatio
nuse Location field
Here are some of the example custom fields you'll find in our CRM Folder template:
With ClickUp's Relationships feature, you are able to build simple links between tasks in your Workspace or create an advanced database using Relationships between different Lists. The world is truly your oyster here, as you are able to create anything you put your mind to!
- Task Relationships: Great for linking tasks that are related to the parent task, but not dependant! Gives quick and easy access to things that overlap, and highlights important items for you and your team.
- Dependant Relationship: Ideal for tasks that need to be completed in a set order! Tasks can either be waiting on or blocking another.
- Doc Relationship: This allows you to link any ClickUp Docs to a task! Allows a Doc page to be accessed in numerous places for reference!
- Backlink Relationship: Incredibly useful and created automatically whenever a task or Doc is mentioned by another. If you've mentioned a task or Doc in the comments, you'll see them automatically added to this table!
- Custom Relationship: Useful for you to be able to see everywhere you have referenced a specific account throughout your entire Workspace, this field allows you to create simple Lists of tasks from anywhere in your Workspace or link two Lists together.
Reporting with Dashboards:
With everything added into your CRM, Dashboards will allow you to create in-depth reports on your important customer data. You can create a Dashboard dedicated to managing your accounts and opportunities, and will the use of customizable widgets, this will give you valuable insight into tasks, sprints, projects, people, and so much more.
Popular Widgets for this usecase include:
Pie Chart Widgetuse for visualizing the number of accounts per rep
Battery Chart Widgetuse to keep track of account and opportunity health by task status
Timesheet Widgetkeep track of billable hours related to your clients
Calculation Widgetuse to calculate SLA, accounts closed, accounts won, and revenue per month
Lead Time Widgetmeasure the average time it takes to close client tickets, or account opportunities
Communicating with Clients:
Communication is key, and ClickUp has got you covered when it comes to keeping your clients in the loop! Collaboration is an important part of today's business landscape, which makes sharing bits and pieces of what you are working on with your clients super important! This is easy to do, and there are a few ways to make this happen!
- Guests: Inviting your clients to view a Folder, List, or task allows you to only give them access to specific items in your Workspace, while still allowing them to participate!
- Public Sharing: Awesome way to provide high-level information for your clients, allowing you to keep everyone on the same page regardless if they're part of your Workspace or not!
- Forms: Arguably one of the best features within ClickUp, this allows you to Streamline your intake process by collecting information that creates tasks in ClickUp! Perfect for sales forms, customer requests, or even support tickets!
- Email in ClickUp [ClickApp]: The long-awaited feature has finally arrived! You can send and receive emails directly from ClickUp tasks, allowing you to take action instantly!
Other CRM Features and Integrations:
- Tags: Categorize your clients by tagging them as "paid", "hot", "reach out", etc. You can also filter your tasks by tags to visualize these indicators.
- Statuses: Create a tailored status workflow to manage your CRM. Here's an example of the statuses many of our users work with:
- Templates: Save the structures of your favorite action items, such as tasks and checklists, and reuse them in a couple of clicks. This is the perfect way to quickly onboard new clients.
Note: Some features mentioned here are part of our paid plans. Click here for details about available plans.
Want to learn more?