This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
Custom fields let you build ClickUp into virtually anything you can imagine.
Track, sort, and filter work according to your Workspace's needs.
- Enable the Custom Fields ClickApp for your Space(s)
- Open a Folder or List’s settings from the ... menu in the sidebar
- Click Custom fields
- Add, edit, or organize the custom fields for this Folder or List, or locate an existing field from another Folder or List in your Workspace
- Open a task to set the field
Creating Custom Fields
- Click on the ellipses next to a Space, Folder or List
- Select “Custom Fields”
- Click New Custom Field
- Select a field type (field type details below)
- Name your field
NOTE: You can create custom fields at the Space, Folder and List level, however, each custom field must be unique in its group. For example, if you create a custom field for a Folder, you can't create the same custom field with the same title in a List nested in the Folder.
How to Use Custom Fields
- Custom fields must be turned on at the Space level
- Custom fields are managed at the Folder, and List levels
- You can reuse your fields across your Workspace
- You can calculate numeric custom fields in List View
Displaying Custom Fields
- You can display any Field(s) you like in List, Board, and Calendar views.
- In List view, click the + icon on the right side of the columns header to show hidden fields or create new ones.
- In Calendar and Board views, click the settings menu in the upper right
- You may hide custom fields from invited Guests by opening a Folder or List’s custom fields menu. Beside each field in the Folder or List, click Guests
Additionally, you can create new Custom Fields when adding columns to List View.
- Click on the + icon in the top left of your List View.
- Select a Custom Field type from the dropdown
- Set the field name
- Hit ENTER or RETURN on your keyboard, or click “Add Column”
Workspace Custom Fields
Create a custom field that's accessible for any Space, Folder, List or task across your entire Workspace!
Everythingin List View
- Click the
+sign above your list of tasks to create a new field at the Workspace level.
Now, you'll see this field as an option for any new item you create in your Workspace.
Setting Custom Fields In Tasks
- Open a task
- Expand the custom fields section
- Set your fields
- Edit fields (this affects fields for the entire Folder)
Setting Custom Fields In List
- Click the ellipses
...for a List
Custom Fieldsin the dropdown
New Custom Field
- Select a field type, give the field a name, and click
- Ensure column is visible (see Displaying Custom Fields above)
- Click the column header to sort
- Open the filter or settings menu from Calendar, Board, or List View
- Click the + icon in the lower left
- Choose from any custom field you've created
- Insert a value
- Choose the match type
Custom Field Details
Custom Fields Reporting
Gain insight into how your fields are being used with reports! You can group results by person, task, and even sort and filter your results for customized viewing.
Use custom fields if you
- Want to add custom information to all tasks in a Folder or List
- Want to track tasks across Folders or Lists for things like scrum points, budget calculations, or importance levels
- Need workmates to add certain information for each task
- Need to sort or filter by custom fields
Want some more tips on the different fields ClickUp offers? Just click here!
Custom Fields Mobile
Take advantage of custom fields on iOS, so you can keep working on the go!
What could we improve? Let us know here!
Custom Fields on Paid Plans
- Unlimited Plan & above: Unlimited Custom Fields