With Task Templates, you can re-use tasks with ease! This is perfect for things like processes, events, and anything that you'll use again in the future.
Save a Task as a Template
- Open a task
- Click the task actions menu in the ellipses ...
Save as a Template
- Enter your new Template name or overwrite an existing one by selecting
Update an existing template
- Select your sharing and import options
Overwrite a Template
You can edit an existing template by overwriting it!
- Create a new task from the desired template
- Make the changes you want
- Select the
...settings from the top of the task menu
Save as Template
Update an existing template
6. Select the template you wish to overwrite
8. Add a template name, description, sharing, and import options
Using templates with the +Task button
- Open the Create Task window
- Click the template icon on the bottom of the window
- Choose to Create Task Instantly from template (fastest), which allows you to title the task but automatically adds the rest and submits the task
- Or Load from Template (customizable), which allows you to make modifications to the template contents before a task is created
Create instantly from template: This will immediately create the task in a new window after selecting a template.
Load from template: This will load the template into the create task window you have open already, so you can edit it before creating it.
Save as template: When you are creating a task using our quick create
+ Task button, save the task as a template before you publish it. After saving the template, you can continue to make changes to the unique task you are creating.
Update existing template: Use this task to update or overwrite an existing template.
Load Template into Existing Task
This acts as a merge between the information on your template and the details already in your task.
- Select the task settings menu
- Select a task template to preview
- Select import options
- Note: Description, subtasks, tags, attachments and checklists will be merged into this task. Assignees, watchers, priority, and dates will be replaced in this task by the template.
Pro Tip: Remap Subtask Due Dates
With this feature, you can choose a new due date for a parent task, and all subtask dates will be adjusted (remapped) based on the difference.
For example, if you increase the parent task due date by 5 days, all subtask dates will also be increased by 5 days.
This is extremely useful for events as well as things like processes that are time based.
Real-World Use Case
Bug Report Example
Include the following in your Bug Report task template:
- Assign to your quality assurance manager
- Save interested parties such as managers as watchers
- Store the task in your list for client-reported bugs
- Include important fields to be filled in into the task description
- Tag the task so everyone knows that this was reported by a client, found on iOS, or a bug on the backend
- Add a checklist for the entire process to go through for recreating and correcting the bug
Let us know what else you would like to see with Task Templates on our feedback board!