Track time, bookmark websites, and add screenshots (with mark up) to tasks as you surf the web!
Installing the Chrome Extension
- Open the Chrome Web Store
ADD TO CHROME
Add extension in the next popup
4. Log in to your ClickUp Account
5. Select the Workspace(s) that should have access
The ClickUp Chrome Extension requires the ability to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" because the extension must be able to access the web page to take screenshots and to attach URLs to tasks.
There is no other data sent to ClickUp, except for error reports coming from the extension, and emails that you choose to attach to tasks.
You can enable and disable features such as Time Tracking, Email, and the Floating Buttons. Just choose the
Settings tab and you'll get these options:
Create Tasks and Bookmark Sites
Creating a new task
- Select the "New Task" tab
- Write a title for your task
- Add assignees and a due date
- Write a description for your task. (Pro tip: Use Markdown Shortcuts in your description fast rich text editing)
Create New Task
Bookmark a site as a task
- Click on the
- This automatically sets the page title & URL as the task title
- You can also add a description here
- Then you'll also be given the option to attach a screenshot of the website to the task by clicking
Set a Default List
- Save a default destination for tasks making this the fastest way to add new tasks!
Native Time Tracking
Simply locate a task in the extension and select it to begin tracking time.
From the Time Spent window, you are able to view time logged on recent tasks and even remove time that was accidentally logged.
Back in the ClickUp task, the time has been logged, and we can even start the extension's timer from within the task.
Capture, Mark Up, and Attach Screenshots
Capture your entire browser tab or select a certain area to add to a task or download to your computer.
Attach the file to an existing task or create a new one
The extension grants you extremely detailed mark up functionality:
- draw what you want on top of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
Arrow, line, circle, square
- quickly add shapes to highlight areas of the screenshot
- set a color and brush size
- add notes right onto a screenshot
- set a color, size, and substrate (background)
- select an area of the screen you would like to remain hidden.
- drop increasing numbered markers on your screenshot
- dragging and dropping allows you to create a box with the number
- perfect for sharing steps with a team member
- select things you've already added to the screenshot and make adjustments
- Undo / Redo
Attach to comments
- Take a screenshot with the Chrome Extension
- With the screenshot still in the extension, open a task in ClickUp
- Open the comment editor
- Click the "Chrome attachment" button
Attach Emails to Tasks
Capture an email
- Click the
Add to ClickUpbutton in your email to generate a full HTML record of the email.
Attach emails to tasks and create tasks from emails
- ClickUp will attach the email to a task or create a brand new one with the email attachment included so you can quickly view, jump back, or download the email!
For more info, check out our doc on attaching emails to ClickUp!
You can also access your ClickUp notes from any page. Open the extension to the Notepad tab, and all of your notes are available from ClickUp. Your notes will sync across all your devices. Use Markdown Shortcuts and Rich Text in any note.
When hovering over a note, you will be able to rename the note, archive, delete, and convert the note to a task.
While inside a note, at the bottom are the options to see earlier versions of the note, open the fullscreen editor, as well as the option to convert the note to a task.
The ClickUp button gives you quick access to the Notepad, Bookmarks, Screenshots, Time Tracking, and creating a task from any webpage.
To move the button, click and drag it to any spot on the page.
To hide the button, hover over the
x icon. You can choose to hide the button for the current session, always for the current website you're on, or turn them off all together.
Switching and Adding Workspaces
To see your Workspaces, click on the avatars at the top left corner. Switching to a Workspace is easy. Just click on it!
To add a new Workspace to the extension, click on the plus "+" icon next to Workspaces. You will be shown all of your Workspaces and can choose which ones you'd like to use.
Pro Tip: Custom Hotkeys
You can also change the hotkeys for taking screenshots!
- Open your Chrome extensions.
- Select "Keyboard Shortcuts" from the menu.
- Click on the action.
- Press the hotkey you want to use.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!