Sometimes, it's necessary to remove a person from your Workspace. ClickUp makes this super simple and fast.
How to Remove a Person from a Workspace
Only available to team admins
- Open the Workspace you would like to remove a user from
- Click the Workspace icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select People+
- Locate the person you want to Remove
- Click the ellipses ... icon next to the person’s name
- Click Remove
- You're all done!
How to Remove a User from a Space
Only available in private Spaces
- Click on your profile avatar and select “Spaces”
- Find the desired private Space
- Locate the user you would like to remove Spaces access from
- Click the X beside their username
If you're interested in how to delete an entire Workspace, please see our doc here!
What happens to their data when a member is removed from a Workspace?
- Any unshared, private items that the member had, will be off limits. In other words, no one else in your Workspace will have access to that private Space, Folder, List or task.
- Even if user is added back to the Workspace, they will not regain access to those items
- Any public items created by the member will remain and maintain accurate activity history
- The member will still show as assigned to tasks and comments, but an "Inactive" label is added by their name. It's easy to remove them and reassign those tasks with the multitask toolbar!
- If you remove a member from a paid plan, that seat will remain open and you will be able to reassign it to a new user. If no new user is assigned before your next billing cycle begins, your member seat count will be adjusted down.
- Keep in mind attachments that were unshared and private, will count towards your storage.
How to reassign tasks from a deleted member to another member:
- While viewing "Everything", sort your tasks by assignee. Be sure to 'Show closed tasks' or filter for all statuses. Then, you'll see this inactive user's tasks appear under his or her name.
- Use the multitask toolbar to select all of these tasks and un-assign them.
Privacy of Folders, Lists and tasks
You can also choose who has access to your Folders, Lists and tasks. Click here to learn more!