Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
Sometimes, it's necessary to remove a person from your Workspace. ClickUp makes this super simple and fast.
How to Remove a Person from a Workspace
Only available to team admins
- Open the Workspace you would like to remove a user from
- Click the Workspace icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select People+
- Locate the person you want to Remove
- Click the ellipses ... icon next to the person’s name
- Click Remove
- You're all done!
How to Remove a User from a Space
Only available in private Spaces
- Click on your profile avatar and select “Spaces”
- Find the desired private Space
- Locate the user you would like to remove Spaces access from
- Click the X beside their username
If you're interested in how to delete an entire Workspace, please see our doc here!
What happens when a member is removed from a Workspace?
- Any unshared, private items that the member had, will be off limits. Even if user is added back to the Workspace, they will not regain access to those items
- Any public items created by the member will remain and maintain accurate activity history
- The member will be unassigned from all tasks (multiple users will not be affected). You can use the multitask toolbar to quickly reassign the tasks!
- If you remove a member from a paid plan, that seat will remain open and you will be able to reassign it to a new user. If no new user is assigned before your next billing cycle begins, your member seat count will be adjusted down.
Privacy of Folders, Lists and tasks
You can also choose who has access to your Folders, Lists and tasks. Click here to learn more!