Sometimes, it's necessary to remove a person from your Workspace. ClickUp makes this super simple and fast.
How to Remove a Person from a Workspace
Only available to team admins
- Open the Workspace you would like to remove a user from
- Click the Workspace icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select People+
- Locate the person you want to Remove
- Click the ellipses ... icon next to the person’s name
- Click Remove
- You're all done!
How to Remove a User from a Space
Only available in private Spaces
- Click on your profile avatar and select “Spaces”
- Find the desired private Space
- Locate the user you would like to remove Spaces access from
- Click the X beside their username
If you're interested in how to delete an entire Workspace, please see our doc here!
What happens to their data when a member is removed from a Workplace?
- Any unshared, private items that the member had, will be off limits. Even if user is added back to the Workspace, they will not regain access to those items
- Any public items created by the member will remain and maintain accurate activity history
- The member still show as assigned to tasks and comments, but an "Inactive" label is added by their name. It's easy to remove them if needed with the multitask toolbar!
- If you remove a member from a paid plan, that seat will remain open and you will be able to reassign it to a new user. If no new user is assigned before your next billing cycle begins, your member seat count will be adjusted down.
When you remove a member, the following will occur:
- Items assigned to the previous member will become unassigned (you can use the multitask toolbar to quickly reassign the tasks)
- Items created by the previous member will remain and maintain accurate activity history
- Unshared Private items will become unavailable
Privacy of Folders, Lists and tasks
You can also choose who has access to your Folders, Lists and tasks. Click here to learn more!