This is your personal place to jot down any kind of notes you want. No one else sees your Notepad - it's just for YOU!
The Notepad makes it easy to record even the simplest ideas and convert thoughts to tasks at a later time.
How to Enable/Disable Notepad
By default, the Notepad is enabled. To change this:
- Click the Workspace icon in the bottom left corner
- Select My Settings
- Flip the toggle for Notepad on or off
How to Use Notepad
- Ensure Notepad is enabled for your account (see above)
- Click the button in the bottom right corner of your view to create a new note
- Title your new note
- Type your ideas
- Come back anytime - you'll be right where you left off!
Add Rich Editing with /Slash Commands
/ in a Notepad entry to start adding rich editing like headers, bold font, and much more!
Pro Tip: Use checklists in the Notepad to add simple to-do list items for yourself. This is the perfect way to create a personal action item that might not relate to a specific task!
Other Notepad Features
- History - View and revert changes
- Take your notes with you via the ClickUp Chrome Extension!
- Full-screen mode - Open a note and expand it to fill the screen
- Search - Find a keyword in your notes
- Printing - Print your notes in a visually pleasing way
Other Uses for Notepad
- Jot down groceries you need to grab at the store later, as they come to mind 🛍️
- Gather a list of books you want to read 📚
- Make a simple list of tasks you need to create today 🗹
- Save links of articles you want to read later 🔗
- Consolidate a list of tools and their passwords 🔧🔨
Plus, you can take your notes with you via the ClickUp Chrome Extension!