Add Time Estimates to tasks to provide better predictability for Lists and Folders.
Enabling Time Estimates
- Click on your profile avatar in the bottom left corner of your screen
ClickAppsfrom the pop-up menu that appears
Time Estimatesand toggle on
- Enable for as many Spaces as you like
- Determine if you want to enforce hours as the standard unit of time. (We'll automatically display Time Estimates as days, weeks, and months - and take into account how many hours you set as a day.) Learn more here.
- If on a Business+ WorkSpace, enable
Granular Time Estimatesfor estimates per assignee rather than estimates for the task as a whole.
How to Set Time Estimates
Places you can set Time Estimates
Time Estimates and Reporting
ClickUp's Reporting feature includes seven different views to provide a comprehensive overview of your team's progress. With the Time Estimated Report, users can:
- Quickly view time as a team resource for planning projects
- Utilize the time remaining indicator, which calculates (time estimated) - (time logged) to determine whether or not your goals are on schedule
- This report does not provide a time period filter.- Time estimated is not inherently related to exact dates. Therefore, adding a time period filter for this feature would render its comparison with the time tracked feature useless.
- This table also gives you the ability to export much more data.
Please note that Reporting is available only for Unlimited and Business Plan users.
Sorting by Time Estimate
Just click on the column for Time Estimates above your list of tasks to start sorting!
Note: You can choose to hide time estimates from invited guests. Check out this doc to learn more!
Time Estimates Rollup: Click on parent rollup total to see time estimated broken down by subtask. You will also see any time estimated on parent task itself!
Granular Time Estimates
When enabled, Granular Time Estimates provide the ability to set estimates based on task assignees, rather than the task itself. This allows for more accurate estimates when using something like Workload.
- If you add an assignee to a task that already has an estimate, the user will inherit the total estimate. Any additional users added will start at 0 - continue to add estimates individually.
- If you update the total task estimate and there are already custom estimates set per assignee, the time will override them and automatically split evenly between assignees.
- Unassigning users from a task will automatically remove their estimate. If you remove the last assignee, the estimate will transfer to the task.
- Turning the ClickApp on will split time estimates evenly on any tasks with multiple assignees. Turning it off again will re-combine them.
- Turning the ClickApp off will merge all time estimates into a sum total. Turning it back on will NOT undo this. Instead, they will be evenly split again.
The Time Estimate pop-up will show total time with subtasks. It won't display the total for each assignee; however, this data will be used in reports like Box and Workload view.
- Machine learning to predict when (and by how much) your Time Estimates will be off
- Reporting for "Time Left"
- Reporting for Estimating Folders/List/Space Deadlines