Most people use Lists in ClickUp to group together related tasks, and often there is information that applies to all those tasks.
List Info gives you a convenient place for details like List description, you can add a List owner, priority, comments, attachments and more!
List Info can always be accessed from the ellipses menu next to a List name, or by clicking the “i” icon in List view, whenever tasks are displayed by List.
You can add the following in the List Info section:
- Start Dates: Indicate a date to begin working on tasks
- Due Dates: Let your team know when items needs to be completed
- Descriptions: This is the perfect place to shed light on goals or have a chat with teammates
- Time Estimated: See the cumulative time estimated to complete tasks and subtasks in the List
- Time Tracked: See cumulative time tracked in all tasks and subtasks within a List
- Attachments: Upload files to quickly reference and keep important items attached to a List
- Priority: Define the level of urgency for your List (urgent, high, normal, low)
- Owners: Assign a List to a member in your Workspace
- Watchers: Add people as Watchers to receive notifications about updates that occur in the List
- Statuses: Set up custom workflows for your List
- Comments: Discuss the list of tasks with your teammates
- Colors: Customize list colors with text labels to use colors as statuses, tags, or anything you choose
- Sharing and Permissions: Adjust privacy and permissions settings for the List
- Automations: great for an efficiency boost in your workflows!
List Info and Portfolios
Sections of List Info are highly relevant in Portfolios and Portfolio widgets, which are great for a high-level overview of the progress of tasks by List! In Portfolios, you are able to show List Info details such as start date, due date, priority, assignee and more!
Who has access to List Info? Can Guests see it?
Anyone that has access to a List will also have access to the List Info. This includes Guests.
Guests will not be able to edit List Info, but if they have full create & edit permissions, they can comment and upload attachments. Additionally, if you hide Time Tracking or Time Estimates from guests, they will not see that information in List Info.
Notifications for List Info
When added as a List watcher, you’ll receive in-app notifications when updates occur in the List Info section (i.e. an attachment or comment is added, priority changed, etc.).
To learn more about managing in-app notifications, check out this doc!
You can also set up granular notifications for Lists via email, mobile or browser:
- Click on your profile avatar in the lower left corner of the screen
- Select “Notifications”
- Scroll down to the “List Info” section
- Enable the types of notifications you’d like to receive for Lists you are watching