For a task that does not yet have an existing subtask, you can create one by hovering over the task and selecting the icon below!
You’ll see this same icon appear when hovering over a task without subtasks in Board View:
How to show subtasks as separate items
Click on the subtask icon in the upper right corner of your screen:
- “Expand all” will expand subtasks directly beneath their parent tasks
- “As separate tasks” will display subtasks as separate items from their parents. Select this option if you want subtasks to appear in your filtering results.
- “Compact” will hide your subtasks from view, but you can always click on the subtask icon to expand them in place
Change subtasks in bulk with the Multitask Toolbar
Utilize the Multitask Toolbar to quickly take action on tasks and subtasks!
In List View, hover over a subtask or task and click the dot that appears on its left side. Then, choose an action from the Toolbar:
You can use the Multitask Toolbar in Board View as well! Either:
- Hover over a task and click the dot that appears to select it
- Click on the ellipses at the top of a column and choose “select all” to select all tasks and subtasks in the column