Think of Zapier as glue that connects ClickUp with 1,000+ tools, with zero technical skill required!
Zaps - workflows to automatic data transfers between applications - are super straightforward to set up, only taking about a minute to do so.
Set up a Zap
Each Zap is built by setting up an event in one of your apps - a trigger - that kicks off an an event in another of your apps - an action - to complete the workflow.
This structure allows convenient flexibility in how you integrate ClickUp with the outside world. For example, a teammate changing a task's status to "Review" in ClickUp can trigger a message to your email address reminding you to take a look. Alternatively, the action of creating a task in ClickUp can be triggered by events in other apps, such comments being posted to a Slack channel dedicated to client complaints.
You can configure Zaps to your liking. For example, I could update these Zaps to accomplish the following:
- “For each Google Form submission, create a task in ClickUp with form contents in the description”
- “If Zeb emails me, create a task in ClickUp with the email's subject line as the task title, the content as the description, and me as the assignee.”
- Visit the "Make a Zap!" page to get started
- Authenticate your ClickUp account, as well as the app you're integrating with
- Choose your trigger settings
- Now, link that trigger to an action
- When tested, name your Zap and turn it on!
- When a task changes (Status, Assignee added, Priorities, Tag added)
- When a new task is created
- When a new List is created
- When a new Folder is created
- Create a new Task
- Create a new Folder
- Create a new List
- Add time tracked to a task
- Post a comment to a task
- Post an attachment to a task
- Post a checklist to a task
- Post a subtask to a task
- Create ClickUp tasks
- Create Google Calendar events
- Email tasks to ClickUp
- Create ClickUp tasks when you tag an email
- Also includes help-desk applications like Front and Helpscout
- Bitbucket: Add new BitBucket issues to ClickUp as tasks
- Gitlab: Add new Gitlab issues as ClickUp tasks
The Zapbook of all templates created by Zapier users is found here!
To start using Zapier, sign up for an account!
Need help from a Zapier representative? Contact them here.