Think of Zapier as glue that connects ClickUp with 1,000+ tools, with zero technical skill required!
Zaps - workflows to automatic data transfers between applications - are super straightforward to set up, only taking about a minute to do so.
Set up a Zap
Each Zap is built with by setting up an event in one of your apps - a trigger - that kicks off an an event in another of your apps - an action - to complete the workflow.
This structure allows convenient flexibility in how you integrate ClickUp with the outside world. For example, a teammate changing a task's status to "Review" in ClickUp can trigger a message to your email address reminding you to take a look. Alternatively, the action of creating a task in ClickUp can be triggered by events in other apps, such comments being posted to a Slack channel dedicated to client complaints.
Most Zaps are as simple as the following
- “For each Google Form submission, create a task in ClickUp”
- “If someone emails me, create a task in ClickUp.”
You can configure Zaps to your liking. For example, I could update these Zaps to accomplish the following:
- “For each Google Form submission, create a task in ClickUp with form contents in the description”
- “If Zeb emails me, create a task in ClickUp with the email's subject line as the task title, the content as the description, and me as the assignee.”
- Visit the "Make a Zap!" page to get started
- Authenticate your ClickUp account, as well as the app you're integrating with
- Choose your trigger settings
- Now, link that trigger to an action
- When tested, name your Zap and turn it on!
- When a task changes status
- When a new task is created
- When a new List is created
- When a new Folder is created
- Create a new Task
- Create a new Folder
- Create a new List
- Add time tracked to a task
- Post a comment to a task
- Post an attachment to a task
- Add a checklist to a task
- Create ClickUp tasks:
- Create Google Calendar events:
- Email tasks to ClickUp
- Create ClickUp tasks when you tag an email
- Also includes help-desk applications like Front and Helpscout
The Zapbook of all templates created by Zapier users is found here!
To start using Zapier, sign up for an account!
Need help from a Zapier representative? Contact them here.