Full API documentation available here.
ClickUp's API endpoints allow you to instantly access your Workspace's data and build anything! Let your imagination run wild! Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Use webhooks to post events like new tasks, list updates, goal updates, comments, etc!
- Post comments on tasks from an outside application
- Track time on an assigned task
- For a list of every endpoint, see our full docs here
Create a ClickUp App
- Navigate to
- Select the
- Create an app to generate a Client ID and Client Secret
- Send users to the API URL with the required parameters to accept the authorization request
- Acquire access token via the Get access token post request
Personal API Key
Finding your token:
- Navigate to your personal
Appsin the left sidebar
Generateto create your API token
Copyto copy the key to your clipboard
Note: If you're using the API for personal use, feel free to use your personal API token. If you're creating an application for others to use, it is recommended to use the OAuth2 flow.
You may now use the Personal or OAuth2 access tokens in the
Authorization header of your API requests.
Questions? Email email@example.com or click the Intercom button in the bottom right of your screen.