This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
Set up your tasks to view only relevant information by filtering in Board View.
Choose to apply one or more of the following filters:
- Status - View only tasks within a particular status.
- Due date - Filter out tasks that aren't going to be required in the near future. Select a specific date or a before/after date.
- Start date- See all tasks with specified start dates. Select a specific date or a before/after date.
- Date created - See tasks created on a certain date, or within a certain timeframe.
- Date updated - Display the tasks that people have recently worked on. Select a specific date or a before/after date.
- Date closed - See tasks that were closed on a particular date, or within a certain timeframe.
- Priority - Sift out tasks that don't require immediate attention.
- Tags - Set your filter to match any or all selected Tags. You can also search for all tasks that do not contain tags.
- Assigned comments - Refine your task list and only show tasks with assigned comments.
- Recurring - See only the recurring tasks in your workflow.
- Assignee - View tasks assigned to a specific person in your Workplace.
- Watcher - View tasks based on who is watching them.
- Creator - View tasks created by specific people.
- Dependencies- See which tasks are "waiting on" or "blocking" others
- Archived- Show tasks that are archived, or include archived tasks in your overall filtering view
- Time estimated - View tasks that have a time estimation greater than, less than, or equal to a certain value.
- Time logged - View tasks that have time logged greater than, less than, or equal to a certain value.
- Custom Fields - Filter by a completely unique task field that you create to set a value, budget, or really anything for a task.
- When filtering by the due date or start date, try applying the Today & Earlier option. This will allow you to see all tasks that are overdue or due today, as well as tasks with start dates on or before today.
- Keep in mind that you can save your filtering options and favorite views to come back to them at any time!
- When filtering by one or more Custom Fields, you can enter specific characters that a task contains or does not contain within a Field. In the example below, we've searched for tasks that contain "aol.com" within the "Email" Custom Field.
Check out this doc to learn how to filter in List View!