Most ClickUp users prefer to spend their time in either List or Board View, so it's a good idea to be aware of the different features they provide to increase productivity!
In this view, users are presented with a list of their tasks under a specified Space, Folder, or List. This provides an overview of which tasks need to be completed within each level of the Hierarchy structure.
Within each list, tasks are organized by their statuses, allowing people to see exactly where each task resides within their workflows.
Additional Benefits of List View
- Task Sorting: Arrange your tasks according to due date, priority, assignee, and more.
- View Everything: Get a high-level perspective of every task within your Workspace, and then drill-down to see exactly what you need.
- Make changes in bulk: With the multitask toolbar, you can quickly select multiple tasks to assign them, change their status, delete them, and more!
This is the ideal view for agile teams due to its powerful drag and drop interface.
As in List View, you have the option to view all tasks within a Space, or even view everything within your Workspace.
You can even drag and drop tasks between columns to make quick changes!
Additional Benefits of Board View
Quick-create Tasks: Click the
+symbol at the top of a column to quickly add a new task.
- Add a Cover Image: Pin an attached image within a task so it will be displayed when seeing the task in Board View.
- Make changes in bulk: You can also use the Multitask Toolbar in Board View to make quick changes to groups of tasks!
Viewing Folders in List and Board Views
List View breaks down Folders by their individual lists in a vertical manner, making sure you can correlate tasks to specific objectives within a List.
Board View places all tasks in vertical columns based on the grouping you apply.
Be sure to check out Box View for great insight into what each member of your Workspace is working on!