If icon placement on your screen look a little different than in this video, you could be using a different Workspace layout!
As part of our mission to improve your productivity, ClickUp provides numerous ways for you to track time spent on tasks.
Located under the plus action menu on the bottom right of the screen, you're able to quickly track time to a task or create a new task to track time to.
- Start and stop time from any computer you are logged in to with full support in the desktop, web app, and mobile app! (Chrome coming soon)
- Always have the timer visible in Mini Mode so you never forget to stop it when done!
- Jump between tasks that you are working on with recent time entries by starting a new timer from a previous entry
- Business+ users get the added benefit of tracking time without the need to link a task first. Start a timer as soon as you start working and add details later!
Time Entry Details
Business+ Users get additional features to make reporting more powerful.
- Notes: add notes to any time entry for better logging of exactly what was worked on
- Labels: add labels to time entries to be used across your Workspace for better filtering of similar tracked time
- Billable: mark time as billable to keep track of time that is intended for invoices and time that's just used for internal reports
- See total time each person in your Workspace has tracked
- Filter by custom time labels and group time entries by different properties
- View cumulative time tracking logs for each team member for accurate information on how time-consuming a List of tasks has been
- View time tracked manually and automatically, such as with the ClickUp native tracker, Toggl, and Harvest.
- Export the data for even more information.
Please note that Dashboards are only available for Unlimited Plan users and above.
Sorting and Filtering with Time Tracking
Just click on the filter button or select the
Time Tracked sorting option from the columns shown above your list of tasks!
Places you can see Time Tracking
Time Tracking Rollup: Click on parent rollup total to see time tracked broken down by subtask. You will also see any time tracked on the parent task itself!
Note: You can choose to hide time tracking from invited guests. Check out this doc to learn more!
Edit Time Logged
To edit time logged by yourself or another user (if you're an admin ), open a task and follow these steps:
- Select the time logged dropdown
- Click on a user's name
- Click on the pencil icon next to the time entry to make changes
- Press save!
Add Time Retroactively (Manual Time Tracking)
Forget to input your time tracked at an earlier date? You can do it now in just a few simple steps!
- Open up a task and hover to the right of time tracked
- Click the
- Add your time
- Choose the date you'd like to log time for
- Don't forget to click
saveto log the time!
Native Time Tracking
Enable the Time Tracking ClickApp (if you’re an admin) in your Space by going to your Settings.
Once enabled, you'll find the Time tracker in the top right of every Task in that Space.
Click on the play icon to start a timer or log time to manually add time with our natural language processing feature.
The task stores your time in individual batches, but you can also see who else worked on this task, and for how long.
Get more control over your time tracking integration with our API 2.0. Build robust time tracking tools with the following data:
- Get time entries within a date range
- Add & remove tags
- Get running time entries
- Start and stop timer
Note: Check out our mobile app for Time Tracking on the go!
Visualize how long it takes your team to complete projects and analyze accurate time data about how work gets done in ClickUp!
Time Doctor can also take screenshots of your employees’ work. This is great for remote employees to ensure accountability.
One of the highlights of this integration is that time tracked in Toggl will automatically be synced to ClickUp tasks. Users can start and stop time tracking without leaving ClickUp, and associate time tracked with ClickUp tasks automatically.
Once you've downloaded the Toggl Extension, all you need to do is sync Toggl with ClickUp from your ClickUp Settings. You'll then be all set to start tracking time in your tasks!
With Harvest, you have another opportunity to sync time automatically with your ClickUp tasks. As you add time to tasks in ClickUp, your Harvest time tracking sheet will be updated with each entry containing the task title and task ID.
With this integration, ClickUp tasks appear in the Hubstaff desktop, mobile, and web apps of the person you’ve assigned them to. From there, you can start and stop the timer with one click!
This integration is particularly great for visualizing time spent on ClickUp tasks. Quickly add time log entries to your timesheet to invoice clients, or analyze your team's activity in ClickUp with Timely's pre-prepared dashboards.
Choose from a manual option or an easy start/stop timer. You can also link ClickUp Folders to your Timeneye account for a higher-level overview of your progress!
Track time in ClickUp tasks with a single click, and then run time reports directly from Clockify for free.
Clockify will also automatically detect the name of your ClickUp task and start the timer. You can stop the timer through Chrome, mobile, and desktop Clockify apps.
In Clockify's web version, you can edit past time entries, invite people, export reports, and much more.
Track time in ClickUp tasks with a single click, and then run time reports directly from TMetric for free! In TMetric's web version, you can edit past time entries, invite people, export reports, and much more.
PomoDone and ClickUp come together to bring you the Pomodoro Technique in a handy time tracking Chrome Extension!
To learn more, just check out this quick video!
Sync time, analyze reports, generate invoices, estimate time, and budget each ClickUp task through the TimeCamp Extension.
*Note: Chrome Extension based time tracking will not work in the ClickUp Desktop app.
Are there other time tracking integrations that you'd like to see in ClickUp? Let us know here!