Duplicating a task is simple in ClickUp.
How do I do it?
- Open the task you would like to copy
- Click the ellipses ... in the header to view task actions
- Select the Duplicate button
This reveals options for how you want to duplicate the task.
- Choose a name for your new task
- Choose what you want to include (attachments, comments, assigned comments, checklists, recurring settings, assignees, and/or watchers and more!)
- Select which Space, Folder, and List you want to store the task
This can also be done by right-clicking tasks in your List, Board and Calendar Views!
Your new task is ready for action.
Next, see how to copy a Space, Folder, or List!
How to duplicate multiple tasks at once
To copy multiple tasks at once, use the Multitask Toolbar and customize exactly what content copied over!
This works great, for example, if a client wants to copy visual assets in bulk to create different task IDs.
Or, if you have some tasks that are part of a project that needs to be changed slightly, but it doesn't happen often enough to warrant a template, simply copy what you need.
Be sure to let us know what else you would like to see on our feedback board here!