We’ve completely revamped what Sharing and Privacy means in ClickUp. This latest release means you’re in complete control of who sees what, what permissions they have, and who gets added to your team.
There’s three main areas to understand in ClickUp:
What are Guests?
Guests are people that you don’t want having full access to ClickUp. Major differences are:
- Guests don’t have access to Spaces
- Guests can’t create Spaces, Projects, or Lists
- Guests can’t see everyone on the team
Pricing: (Coming 12/10/2018 read more)
Unlimited plans get 5 free Guests and 2 additional Guests every Member on the team. Additional Guests, will add a Member seat to your team - so for each Seat, you get one member plus one free Guest!
Business plans have been introduced for those teams that work with lots of external users. This plan is more beneficial if you need to add lots of Guests to your team. You’ll get 10 free Guests and 5 additional Guests for every Member on the team.
So, what are Members?
Members are people that you generally trust and don’t mind them being able to create things. Members:
- Create Spaces, Projects, and Lists
- Get access to all public Spaces
- Can see everyone on the Team
- Can Share things with Guests and other Members (but can’t add new Members)
And what about Admins?
Admins are people that can be trusted to manage your team. This includes:
By default, an item will be “public” - meaning it’s shared with the parent. For example:
- A public task, is shared with its parent List.
- A public List, is shared with its parent Project
- And a public Project, is shared with its parent Space
By making an item “private”, this means it isn’t shared with a parent anymore.
With both “public” and “private” items, you can invite people. You can invite Guests(people not on your team) and Members (people on your team). Each time you invite people, you’ll get an option to set a permission level…
Do you have sensitive information that you want locked down? Do you not completely trust that people you invite won’t mess something up? Or, maybe you just want some peace of mind when sharing.
These are the perfect cases to use permissions.
Create and edit Projects and Spaces
- Faster, simpler Project creation flow
- Step by step Space creation flow
- New Space editor
Ability to hide items from guests
- Show/hide sidebar with
- Shortened URLs
New Ways to Use ClickUp
The all-new Chrome Extension brings your notes from ClickUp with you as you surf the web.
- Syncs between web, mobile, and the extension instantly
- Sits in the bottom of your Chrome browser for super easy access
- Can be hidden on any site you choose
- Provides unlimited notes, completely for free
- Install now!