Note: This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
List View is a required task view provided for every Space, Folder, and List in ClickUp. It’s the most flexible view in terms of grouping, sorting, and filtering.
Birds-eye view of all tasks
Get a high-level overview of all tasks across your Workplace in a few simple steps:
- Hover over your left sidebar to expand it
You can create custom workflows for all of your tasks at the Space, Folder and List levels.
To edit statuses for a Space, Folder, or List:
- Click on the ellipses
...next to the item in your left sidebar
- For Spaces, navigate to "Space settings"
- For Folders and Lists, proceed to the "statuses" menu
Sorting allows you to arrange your tasks by due date, priority and much more. It’s the perfect way to view the most important tasks at the top of your List View.
- Click on the
+icon in the upper right section of your screen
- Select your desired columns to make them appear above your tasks
- Click on one or more column headers and you’ll have two sorting options:
- “Sort”: This option sorts tasks within the group that they’re in, preserving the same structure of the view
- “Sort everything”: Using this option will sort all tasks in the view, by the entire column, removing any grouping that’s in place
Sort your tasks by enabling the columns of your choice:
Columns that have not yet been enabled for your List View will be shown under the “Hidden” menu here:
As indicated in the picture above, you can also create a new custom field column. Once you've clicked on a
new field option, you can even rename it.
You can also rearrange your columns by dragging and dropping them!
Clicking on a column header will also let you rearrange it manually:
- “Move to start” places the column furthest to the left
- “Move to end” places the column furthest to the right
- “Hide column” makes the column disappear from view
In addition to sorting, you can also filter tasks to cut out the clutter. Choose to see tasks filtered by assignee, status and pretty much anything.
- Click on the funnel icon in the upper right corner of your screen
- Choose the
+icon to add a filter to your view
- You can also click the floppy disk to save a filtered view! These can be kept private to you, or they can be shared with the rest of your team
By default, tasks in List View will be grouped by status.
However, you can click on this icon to group them by assignee, priority, tags or due date.
- Click on the cog icon to show parent Folder & List names when sorting, or to show your subtasks’ parent names
- You can filter for words in a task title by searching for them in the space indicated below
When you’re in the Everyone Mode, you’ll see all tasks for everyone that has access to the view. This is useful for managers, but for people that are just interested in seeing their own tasks, use the Me Mode!
Choose how you want to show subtasks by clicking on this icon in the upper right corner of your screen:
- “On- under parents” will expand subtasks directly beneath their parent tasks
- “On- separate” will display subtasks as separate items from their parents
- “Off (default)” will hide your subtasks from view, but you can always click on the subtask icon to expand them in place
Make Changes in Bulk
Use the Multitask Toolbar to quickly select groups of tasks and make changes. You can add assignees, tags, and even archive or delete tasks.
Create customized List Views
You can also create your own custom-layout List View that you can jump back to at any time. Just click on the ellipses next to the List View icon to get started:
Once you’ve added your new view, you can customize it with the following options:
- Rename it by clicking on the pencil icon
- Make this the default view for everyone. With this enabled, you’ll automatically be shown this view every time you come to the same location
- Protect the view. This will prevent other user from making changes to the layout. People with “can change” access to the view are able to unprotect and make changes. If you really want to lock it down, change the view permissions for people to “Can’t change”.
- Set as a personal view: By default, views are shared with everyone, but on a paying team, you'll be able make views personal so that only you are able to see them.
- Autosave layout: Save any time you make a change to the layout of the view (sorting, filtering, etc).
- Add the view as a Favorite
This is the perfect place for information about Lists to live. You’ll have options like assigning an Owner, setting a priority, due dates, adding attachments, and even having a conversation about the list.
Simply hover over a task and click on the pencil icon to rename it!
Reveal Pinned Images
If you've pinned a cover image to your task, you can reveal this in List View!