Note: These features are coming soon once we release ClickUp 2.0! For information on release timeframes and other FAQs about 2.0, please click here.
If you don't want others to change your view, then protect it!
Protecting a layout locks everything in place to prevent accidental changes. This means you won't be able to change:
These are all protected until you unprotect the view layout.
How to Protect a Layout
- Click on the ellipses
...next to a view
- Flip the toggle for "Protect Layout"
Important notes after you flip the Protect toggle
- Permissions: Decide who can and cannot save changes to the layout
- Add a note when protecting a view to inform people why they shouldn’t unprotect it
- Choose to duplicate protected views as personal views so you could make adjustments for yourself
- Views can either be personal or public to everyone in your Workplace
Have suggestions for improving Protected Layouts? Let us know here!