This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
In our quest to completely remove unnecessary clicks, we created a game-changing feature— Slash Commands.
Combined with the Quick Switcher, you can do anything without lifting a finger in ClickUp!
How to use Slash Commands
From any of the following text fields simply type / to bring up the Slash Command menu.
In Task View
- Anywhere in Task view (type / and you'll be moved to the comments field automatically)
- Description editor
In List, Board, or Calendar View
- Quick create task field
Slash command options
After typing / use a shortcut (denoted in the Slash Command menu) to set the following options (these will vary depending on where you're working in ClickUp):
- Change Lists (l)
- Assign tasks (a)
- Assign Comments (ac)
- Assign to me (me)
- Add watchers (w)
- Set priorities (p)
- Apply or change due dates (d)
- Change task status (s)
- Add waiting or blocking dependencies (o or b)
- Add a subtask (-)
- Mention a task (#)
- Mention a user (@)
- Change task position (pos)
When you've chosen an option, use the keyboard to navigate and set the information. Press Space or Return to submit the change and continue working away!
- Type / me to quickly assign a task to yourself
- Type /closed to quickly close a task (or just use / cl to be even faster)this also works for /done and /complete
- You can use space or enter to select a command
- You can use tab or the arrow keys to browse through commands
- In a task, create subtasks super quick by typing / -