This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
With Task Templates, you can re-use tasks with ease! This is perfect for things like processes, events, and anything that you'll use again in the future.
Save a Task as a Template
- Open a task
- Click the task actions menu in the ellipses ...
- Click Save as a Template
- Create a new template or overwrite an existing template
- Choose what to include in future iterations of this template
- Click Save Template
Use a Task Template
Create instantly from Template: This will immediately create the task in a new window after selecting a template.
Load and edit template: This will load the template into the create task window you have open already, so you can edit it before creating it.
- Open the Create Task window
- Click the ellipses ... in the upper right
- Either Create Task from a Template (faster)- this option allows you to title the task but automatically adds the rest and submits the task
- Or Load Template (customized)- this options allows you to pull in details from the template, but also make modifications before it is created
Load Template into Existing Task: This acts as a merge between the templated information and the details already in your task.
- Note: Description, subtasks, tags, attachments and checklists will be merged into this task. Assignees, watchers, priority, and dates will be replaced in this task by the template.
Pro Tip: Remap Subtask Due Dates
With this feature, you can choose a new due date for a parent task, and all subtask dates will be adjusted (remapped) based on the difference.
For example, if you increase the parent task due date by 5 days, all subtask dates will also be increased by 5 days.
This is extremely useful for events as well as things like processes that are time based.
Bug Report Example (from video above)
Include the following in your Bug Report task template:
- Assign to your quality assurance manager
- Save interested parties such as managers as watchers
- Store the task in your list for client-reported bugs
- Include important fields to be filled in into the task description
- Tag the task so everyone knows that this was reported by a client, found on iOS, or a bug on the backend
- Add a checklist for the entire process to go through for recreating and correcting the bug
Let us know what else you would like to see with Task Templates on our feedback board!