This doc explains features in ClickUp 2.0. Looking for a 1.0 doc? Check out this link!
Minimizing a task will dock the task into your tray, allowing you to come back at any point. Use this to keep active tasks at the front of your mind all day 🤔
How to Use Minimized Tasks
- Open a task window
- Locate the minimize button in the upper-right corner of the window
- Click to dock this task into your tray
How to Remove Tasks from your Tray
Tasks in your tray are easily removed with the x button.
Additionally, when you open a task that is in your tray, you will see a green checkmark on the minimize button.
Hovering will reveal a red x that removes the task from your tray without having to jump from tab to tab or closed the task!
Don't fear information being lost!
- Opening ClickUp in a new browser tab will retain your docked tasks for further use!
- Minimizing (or closing) a task with a partially written comment will save the comment as a draft 🔥
Moving Items in Your Tray
Rearrange the tasks in your tray with the following task handle
- Your tray remains visible when viewing a docked task. This allows you switch easily between the important tasks with one click!
- You can even move a task into your tray from your in-app notifications page! Just hover over a notification and select the button shown below:
Why Use the Tray
- Priorities aren't always 100% accurate.
- Tasks with overlapping due dates aren't ideal.
- Tracking tasks through the notifications feed can be overwhelming.
What else would you like to see with this feature? Please leave your suggestions here!